Chapter 14

Meredy's P.O.V

I was still comprehending what he said...

'He loves me...' But I can't love him... I have a fiancé... So I can't have the same emotions for him, right?

What had happened next had happened so quickly... He had kissed me. I didn't stop him... I kissed back... 'This is wrong... I can't love him, right? This is my first kiss and he stole it though... He's drunk and won't even remember it in the morning... So does my first kiss mean nothing?'

I had pulled away after that... I had taken a few breaths and went to bed.

-Next Morning-

Lyon's P.O.V

I woke up with a major headache. Last thing I remember was having a drinking contest with some raven haired bastard and that's when everything went blank. Wait a minute, if I was at the bar last, why am I in the bed?

I look below to see Meredy sleeping with just a blanket and pillow. 'Oh lord, please tell me I didn't do anything to her.'

"Meredy..." I whisper.

"Hmm..." She stirred.

"Get ready, we should get going." I said to her. All she did was nod.

Meredy's P.O.V

I don't think he remembered anything from last night, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing...

"Hey Meredy. I was drunk last night wasn't I?" He asked.

"Yeah..." I mumbled.

"Did I say or do anything out of the ordinary?" He asked. I can't tell him he kissed me, or what he said to me!

"N-Nope you just slept." I said and blushed.

"Oh, ok..." He said, uncertainly.

"You ready to go yet?" I ask, throwing my cloak on.

"Yeah just give me a minute." He mumbled.

-Time Skip-

Nobody's P.O.V

The two were walking on a dirt trail to the closest Kingdom, to get some more directions.

But what Meredy didn't expect was for a certain poison to take over her.

She had started breathing heavily.

"L-Lyon... Help." She breathed gripping his arm trying not to fall.

"H-Hey Meredy what's wrong?" He asked.

"M-My heart it's hurting." Her knees started giving out. Lyon sat her down, a tree supporting her to sit up.

"M-Meredy it's going to be alright, just calm down." He said.

"L-Lyo-" Her breath then gave out. Her eyes had closed.

"M-Meredy! Wake up!" Lyon yelled. "H-Hey Meredy can you hear me?!" He grabbed her hand, it was cold.

He put his hand on her neck... There was no pulse... He then tried one last thing, he put his ear on her chest... There was no heartbeat.

"MEREDY!" He yelled. Tears started leaving his eyes.

And that's when everything went dark for Lyon...