Chapter 16

Meredy's P.O.V

Today's the day... My execution...

Why did I have to leave the palace?! Why couldn't I just stick with the idea of me being married?! And what I promised Wendy... I'm such an idiot...

What did my mom do that was so horrible that would cause them to want revenge?

That's not important right now! You need to think of a way for you and Lyon to get out of here alive! I thought.

I heard mumbles from outside my cell. I heard people say, "Is that the girl?" And "When is her execution?" I couldn't hear the time... Damn...

Lyon's P.O.V

I need to find a way to get out of here! Meredy is going to be executed if I don't do something!

I have to think of something. Anything. I'm a thief so why do I not have any good plans?!

I then heard a familiar voice in the hall. The King.

"We're starting the execution in 15 minutes. Keep your eyes on the prisoner, he's a sneaky one." He said.

"DON'T YOU DARE LAY A HAND ON HER!" I shouted. I shuffled around a bit, pain shot through my back. This damn wound...

"Shut it boy! Unless you want to be executed as well." The King said.

"..." I couldn't speak at that moment, words couldn't come out.

"That's what I thought, oh well I'll get the execution ready." He said then walked away.

Then something happened that I didn't expect... The cell opened. 2 guards had appeared. They took off their helmets. It was King Natsu and that one guy I had a drinking contest with a few days ago. Gray... I think that's his name.

"Hey, it's been awhile." Natsu said.

"Yeah... Also, what are you both doing here?!" I asked.

"Stripper said the morning after the party he heard someone yelling and saw you both being taken away and unconscious." Natsu said.

"Who are you calling stripper?" Gray asked and put his forehead against his, resulting in them breaking out into an argument.

"It's not the time for this! We need to go find Meredy! She doesn't have much time!" I said.

"Right."