Part 2 || A Day in the Life of April Rose ||

Thank you guys so much for the votes and comments! This dedication goes to  for the very motivational comment. And yes, I read each and everyone of them :) 

Song : Fools - Troye Sivan

Crack!

The familiar sound of my bones going back in their original position echoed in the school infirmary. It had only been one hour since school started but, of course, the girls had begun to do damage. I didn't actually mind though, pain was normal, it was the only thing that kept me awake and reminded me of my hate for this academy.

I studied my right hand, eyeing the bruises on my fore and middle finger. Great, I can't write with this hand for a good few weeks.

I sigh, it was fine though, being ambidextrous had its perks.

"How is it that you manage to break your bones on the first day of senior year?"

I looked up to the worried expression of Ms Carmichael and tilted my head back with a soft laugh. "The girls are relentless, you should know that by now."

The plump nurse shook her head, hands on her hips. I don't really get why she often frets when I come in with an injury. Its not like it was out of the norm, she should've gotten used to it by now but I guess that's how people dedicated to healing feel like most of the time, right?

"Is it Joshua again?" she asked me quietly. For a moment I was stunned into silence, recalling the way those girls suddenly appeared from behind me this morning while I was carrying tonnes of paperwork to the council room. It was a dirty move, shoving someone down the staircase from the back and running away without showing their faces.

But that's fine too, I knew who the probable culprit was.

Ms Carmichael took my silence as an answer and shook her head again. "How is it that that boy hasn't given up on asking you out?"

I shrugged, maybe because I'm the only girl that he knows he'll never be able to seduce into losing my position as Queen. She didn't need to know that though.

She clicked her tongue, finishing up the cast around my fingers before patting it gently, telling me to get plenty of rest.

I nodded, this was normal. So far, I'm still okay.

My phone buzzed from my pocket and I froze, an uncomfortable feeling churning in my stomach before I recognized the very annoying ring that I had set for Ms Devon, aka the Devil's, contact.

Let's do this.

==========

As soon as I stepped out into the hallway, a rush of bodies and voices overwhelmed me. Making my way to the main entrance of the academy, I got more than a few stares but again, that's normal.

The way girls hung themselves on guys, batting eyelashes and seductive voices, was normal.

Seeing guys lean against lockers and talking to the girls who were too naïve and innocent to see through their player ways, was normal.

If I didn't know better, Valentine academy is a perfect place to start your journey as a prostitute but hey, I wasn't the one making the rules.

When I got to the entrance, Joshua was there making out with a girl who had her blazer off and her green necktie loosened. Green meant freshman, green meant new game.

Disgusting

I stood there for a few seconds, watching the way he smoothly placed a hand on her waist, slowly travelling up towards her chest all the while pushing her until her back met the cold, metallic lockers, making her body shudder.

"We just met," the girl said when they broke away.

I watched Josh give an easy smile, his hand already inside her shirt and drawing circles on sensitive skin. "Why, are you scared? Don't be, I know what I'm doing."

The girl flushed, squirming at her hips. This made Josh smile more, going down for another kiss.

I cleared my throat.

They froze.

Josh turned, cursing under his breath while erratically trying to fix his uniform. He didn't see me until he heard me sigh. "Damn it, April, I was getting it on! A few more minutes and I would've been able to take her V-card."

I scoffed, waiting for him to realise that he had said all that right in front of the freshman girl he had been feeling up just a few moments ago. When his did realise it, he whirled around to find hot tears flowing down the girl's face.

"I-did-uhm— you weren't supposed to hear that." He told her apologetically, as if that made it any better.

The girl, as expected, ran down the hall, away from us. He sigh, giving me an exasperated look. "You did that on purpose."

I laughed. "No shit. You still get a point though, you managed to break her heart."

"I'd like to get laid first before I break someone's heart like, please."

"Don't give me that BS." I stood beside him, facing the main entrance. "We have a new student today we're supposed to welcome."

"We have a whole batch of new students we're supposed to welcome. What makes this guy so special?"

"Ms Devon's orders. Besides, you know as well as I do how rare it is to have a transfer student in Valentine, especially if he's a Senior."

Joshua pouted, his blue eyes flashing as he noticed the cast on my hand. "Who did that to you?"

He growled, a habit he does whenever he got angry. I didn't need to answer, he already knew the answer.

Before he could say a word, the doors opened, flooding light into the hallway.

A guy stood, surrounded by light, like a magical halo on his being. I gasped seeing his face.

This is going to be interesting.

NOTE: Don'f forget to VOTE if you liked it! COMMENT your opinions because I'd love to hear constructive criticism :)

Loves, Audrey