Part 5 || More History and Regret ||

Reader of the week goes to wiserangel for the vote spam. Thanks love :)

So I think a lot of you have been wondering why I hate guys, or why I detest them, or why I hope all of them could go ahead and die and let me live in total peace.

Everyone has a story, I guess it's time I told you mine... or maybe just a snippet of it.

I wasn't always enrolled in Valentines, before high school, I spent primary and junior high in Roche's Academy. Roche's academy wasn't always a gender separated school. The reason it became that way is probably because of me.

I believe we've all come across books where they describe geeky, secretly hot, girls being the target of popular jocks. Honestly, I think those stories could perfectly describe my life. I hadn't always liked to keep up with appearances, unlike my vanity obsessed mother at least.

'You should grow your hair out, you'll look pretty.'

'Try to eat less, April, you'll gain weight.'

'Want to come shopping with me, April? We can get you a whole new wardrobe... get rid of those ugly sweatshirts and hoodies and dress more like a girl, please.'

Yes, those were quotes I've always ever gotten from mother dearest. I blame my naturally stubborn nature though, cause all I've ever done was reject her expectations of me.

I kept my hair in a choppy bob (one that I had cut and styled myself because my mother liked my hair long). I only ever wore lip balm, I ate every meal like there was no tomorrow, and I bought a uniform a size bigger. Because puberty hated me at the time, I was a small midget, the skirt went way past my knees and the blazer jacket went way past my fingers.

"I really don't get you, April," Nicole told me the time junior year rolled around. "Why would you go to such lengths just to defy your mother? She is the only one you have, right?"

I sighed then, taking off the blazer jacket. Only the long sleeved button up fit me perfectly because I was somehow blessed with my mother's curves (which irritated me even more). "There's something wrong with her Nic, you know it too. She needs help that I can't give ever since dad walked out of our lives. I thought, maybe if I did the opposite of what she wants, she'll realize how stupid she's being and wake up."

Nicole bit her lip, giving me a concerned look. "Is it working?"

I lay down on the grass with a thump, arms outstretched, and my gaze towards the sky. "Nope," I replied, popping the 'p' sound.

"Yo!"

I turned my head, smiling at the sight of Richard trying to put his arms around Nicole. Of course, her being the captain of the taekwondo team caused him to tumble onto the patch of grass next to me.

"Damn," he said, "Failed again."

I laughed. "Why don't you give up already, it's obvious she doesn't like you."

"Yet," he replied with a goofy smile on his face, staring back at Nicole's disgusted one. "Also, I came with news."

I heard Nicole give an annoyed sigh, rolled up balls of dirt flying in the air aimed specifically at Richard. "What stupid scoop did your boys get this time?"

He rolled his eyes, not even minding the balls of dirt that landed on him. "It's not stupid. Its Valentines, apparently they have a new crowned king."

Nicole and I both gave him a loud scoff. "That's your big news? Please, they crown their stupid kings every three months. I have no idea how those Valentine students even get the best grades in the state, since they're so focused on their sick game."

I regret those words though, then until now I still do. I didn't know back then, that the new king was sitting with his friends just nearby.

S/N: Remember to leave a comment of what you think. If you liked it, give it a vote and follow me because why not :)

 If you liked it, give it a vote and follow me because why not :)