Part 8 || Introducing Villain A||

Song : Pills N Potions - Nicki Minaj

The empathic pity in his eyes told me everything that I needed.

He knew.

He knew what Chase did to me, knew about the incident that changed both Valentine and Roche academy to a point where it made its sole students enemies. It didn't matter if the incident was three years ago, it didn't matter if most of the concerned students have graduated and probably left this small town.

It didn't matter because hatred rooted itself in a thin line even the soul couldn't fathom to walk on.

I stood up abruptly with shaky feet and ran out of the café before Valerio had a chance to call out my name.

My lungs screamed for air as I ran aimlessly to the edge of town, the bright lights soon turning into dark alleys and dense forestry. I emerged out into a clearing that overlooked a cliff, canopies of trees the only thing visible under the weak twinkle of stars and the waning moon.

"April, right?" he asked me, curiosity burning behind his unusual eyes, mirroring mine. My hair was no doubt everywhere, strands sticking to my face that was wet with tears. He took the remaining breath out of me with his beauty, he was my Adonis—

He was also my end, a Titan hidden behind a beautiful face.

==========

I sat on the grass staring blankly at the moon, my sense of time long gone after the third wave of tears washed over me. If there was one thing I would wish for it would be a potion to forget. I needed it desperately to forget the overwhelming sense of guilt and heartbreak. To forget his voice, his eyes, his smile, the taste of his lips and the warmth of his skin that held me for hours before a monster took his place.

I thought I was over him, the façade of hollowness and the cold mask I adorned was the imminent result. I broke my resolve at the mere mention of his name. What's more, I had to deal with pity from his younger brother.

"April," a voice called out to me and I tensed, my eyes searching the darkness until the humanoid figure emerged. Relief washed over me when I realised it was only Joshua.

"What are you doing here?" I croaked, too shaken from the coffee shop revelation to bother asking how he found out where I was.

He took a spot next to me on the grass dangerously close to the cliff. When he looked at me, I noticed his air of confidence was down, his usual allure of a smile replaced by one of rare gentleness. "They're calling lights out soon. We wouldn't want our dear Queen getting in trouble now would we? Where's the sexy iciness in her heart? Crying over a name isn't like you, April."

News travelled fast indeed.

I managed a dry chuckle. "What about the Player? I thought comforting a crying girl wasn't his style?"

He threw his head back in a laugh.

Joshua didn't know of the incident but he knew of the name of the person he succeeded and that was enough to trigger the warning bells in his head. Maybe that was why he seemed a little kinder tonight, a little cautious, more emphatic instead of viewing me like a candy he couldn't wait to taste.

What other reason would it be besides that?

"You owe me one, April. Imagine the surprise when Ms Devil came up to me and asked why you weren't in any of your classes. I had to make up a rank story about you having explosive diarrhoea and spending your day in the—Ow! What was that for?"

I glared at him, unapologetic of the punch I gave him.

A comfortable silence settled between us after that and I had to admit, I felt a little better with his company around. Why couldn't he always be this nice instead of thrusting his dick around just for a superficial rank?

For the first time that night I let myself relax and tilt my head to the stars, marvelling their beauty. It was rare for me to see the stars because the high towers of Valentine obstructed the view of the sky from my dorm room. "Beautiful, isn't it?" I exclaimed aloud.

"Yeah, beautiful..." Joshua breathed softly.

When my eyes trailed over to him, I found that he wasn't looking at the stars—

He was looking at me.

S/N: Hello my lovelies! In case you haven't visited my profile and read my about (which you totally should WARNING SELF PROMO HUEHUEHUE)

I update every Friday UTC+08:00 (I live in Malaysia) therefore, add this to your library and stay updated through notifications HUZZAH 

I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'm trying my hand at foreshadowing stuff so feel free to leave your guesses and I might pick a lucky winner for something special *wink wink* 

Hint: It's NOT cliche

(Okay so it's just a shout out and if you have a published work I'll make sure to feature your Book cover and prologue)

 || As usual thank you for reading and I'll see you guys next friday~ ||