Part 13 || Blind and Betrayed ||

Writing this was a bit hard tbh cause i had to delve into my memories abit. Hope you guys like this, my effort of trying to explain her and Chase's relationship

Song : DNA - Lia Marie Johnson

==========

You don't realise how much something means to you until you've lost it.

I recalled the morning of our last day together. It started out beautiful, blue skies no longer overshadowed by the constant grey of the raining season. My head lay on his chest with my eyes fluttering open. I remember counting Chase's breath that somehow magically matched mine, the smell of musk and power of him intoxicating.

He woke up and smiled at me, tracing random things on the back of my hand while he apologised for last night when we fought. God I hated it when we fought. Our voices would rise, almost echoing off the walls of his apartment's. My eyes would always water midway before our fights became physical, the push and pull of something horrible in both of our heads, clouding judgement until one of us have had enough.

The flash of a memory, one of my parents screaming each other's heads off in their room while I hid inside the bathroom in the dark with muffled sobs because I couldn't let him find me.

Our routine would be the same. I would march off to bed, angry, tears free falling in the dark and I was too tired to wipe them away. Chase would go out with slamming doors and broken furniture in his wake.

3 am he would come home with alcohol thick in his veins. He would slip into the covers with a naked chest against my back, his voice a million moans of apology and sweet nothings because he knew I was awake.

Routine

I would turn over and trace my fingers along the sharp edges of his face while he watched me from a veil of whatever shot he had for the night. Loving, lust, passion—emotions he would only show between us but never in public.

Routine

Apologies thrown around like confetti and melting my heart. 'I love you''s rolling off his tongue like honey and I would kiss every inch of his face telling him what happened was okay, that at least he knew what had happened was wrong and that I understood how his nature came from something deeper and darker much like how ours eerily mirrored my parents'.

If only I hadn't been so blind then and listened to Nicole when she told me he was bad news. That bruises around my wrists from where he held me were not blossoms of purple flowers that represented his love.

I know a lot of people more than often wonder: why not leave him? Why not turn away and never look back while you begin a new journey and start afresh with broken shards of my heart. And I would answer easily, because I loved him. Because I thought late night talks came packaged with bruises and hot tears.

And then he crossed the line. I realised my mistakes, how stupid and ignorant I had been of the world as he wiped a tear from the side of my face while he had my hands tied behind my back and his other Royals stood behind him with grim faces, asking him to stop his plans and I begged him not to hurt another soul.

His smile was something I would never forget. His maniacal laugh was like loud bass pounding in my ears when he spat the words that made me the queen that I am today as I asked him why. And he replied, "Because I was bored, my rose."

I tried not to think about what happened afterwards, of the bloodshed and broken bones. The air filled with yells and moans until red and blue lights flashed and me waking up in a bright white room.

Bile rose to my throat because as I stood shaking behind an angry Nicole and pissed off Richard, Chase stared back at me over Nicole's shoulder while others gathered around us.

My knees collapsed as I emptied the ice cream I had earlier with Nicole and Richard in our favourite café, fooling around like the old days.

Nicole turned back to me in panic, rubbing my back while she held my silver hair away from my face. From the corner of my eyes, Chase smiled.

S/N: I wish school would start soon i'm so bored