Part 16 || Him ||

Hello lovelies, to all the new readers and the ones who still came back, thank you for putting up with me and my indecisiveness. Here's a new part after 8 months(?) I think hahaha

Love, audrey

==========

The door clicks open, the security box beeping softly, indicating the presence of another human in this very apartment. I find myself hiding in the guest bathroom, right across the hall from my—our—bedroom.

I hear thudding, the sound of bodies bumping against each other, empty words of promises whispered into the night as the storm howls from outside of the apartment. My heart clenches, a heavy brick of truth thrown right at my face, but I do not cry. Instead, I stand there, listening to the betrayal being committed by the one person I thought I could trust.

'Screw this,' I thought despite the shaking of my hands. My mind knows, it knows that this relationship has to end, but my heart refuses to sway. No, it stays loyal, in agony, crying out random excuses and I stupidly believe in them.

I can't do this, I'm too tired. The sickly sweet scent of another woman's perfume manages to sneak into the crack under the door, poisoning me, provoking the green beast that was testing the chains that bound it.

I'm tired.

My legs give in, my body sinks to the floor.

I'm tired.

I feel my eyes droop, the strange sensation of fire and ice playing a game within my body.

I'm tired.

The world darkens around me. Soon, I was no longer able to hear the raging storm or the howling wind. Soon, I could no longer hear the infidelity that was occurring in the room across where I stood.

Too numb, too hot, too cold—I fall asleep.