Part 3: Results

It took an hour before the ceremony began and Patrick talked the whole time. When it finally began a woman appeared on the screen she had her black hair puller back in a tight ponytail, no doubt she did this trying to be professional. "Welcome everyone, today is a day that will change your lives forever. Through this process please know that even if you are of clipped blood you are still very important to our society." "I'm sure we are important that's why we our rights are less then those   with winged blood" Nova muttered to herself. "Well will now begin the ceremony. We call you one at a time and we will look at your parents bloodline and previous job together." Nova sighed "Well isn't this great" she said thinking of her mother's job and how she didn't even know who her father was.

                 "I will now begin calling names, they aren't in any particular order." The woman said with a smile. When she said this she knew the woman was going to call all the nobles first because even if it wasn't said everyone knew in her eyes they were the only importation ones. "Alexander Campbell" Nova heard her call as the dark haired boy from before walked up. As he got the a picture of a butterfly came up on the screen. "Winged" she heard the woman say as the picture changed to two differnt sign one a fan and the other a sword. "This meant that his father was a knight and his mother was a noble woman who didn't have any troubles in her lifetime" Nova thought. "Alexander Campbell , you will now study to be a knight and serve your contry." This is how the ceremony pretty much went (except for the slight changes in their jobs) intill they finally got to the clipped blood.

                 "Taylor Smith" she heard as she saw a petite looking girl walk up as the screen pulled up a picture of scissors. "Clipped" the woman called out. The picture disappeared and was left with a picture of a plant and a picture of a sewing needle.
"Taylor Smith, you will not go to school and your mother will teach you how to make clothes." The small girl smiled a sad smile and left. It went on like this for a while intill she heard "Nova Aldora" Nova stood up and walked up to the screen assuming it would pull up the picture of the scissors and she was partially right but besides it was a picture of a butterfly. "Cater" the woman said with hatred in her eyes. Now being cater wasn't a new thing but it wasn't all that common it is when a person of clipped blood and a person of winged blood have a child. The people of cater bloodline would attend school but if it was to difficult for them then they would have to go and work labor jobs.

                  People of cater blood were looked down apon by everyone including people with clipped blood. So often the schools would try to make it more difficult on them so they would quit. If they successfully got through school they would have a higher paying job and more luxury. Even though they would still be looked down apon. Caters didn't belong in the winged world or the clipped world if you asked anyone.

               Nova stared at the screen not believing her eyes as the screen turned to a picture of lips and a picture of a sword. "Nova Aldora, you will study to be a knight and you must be successful or you will be going into the same job as you mother" The woman said with a slight smirk. After Nova snapped back to reality she walked back to her seat to were Patrick was trying to talk to her again. All she could think was "This whole thing is just a bother"