Part 8

Aysia's P.O.V.

I woke up in NiNi's arms . She was still sleeping the little snores escaping her mouth .

My phone was vibrating like crazy so I went to go pick it up .

I had hella messages from last night . Missed calls from Carter and a few text from Lexi .Tf happened ?

I unlocked my phone and called back Carter .

C: Aysia where Tf have you been !!
A: I was a little busy .

I looked up at a sleeping NiNi.

C: You need to come back now .
A: What do you mean , what happened ?
C: I'll tell you when you get here
A: Tell me now , what happened Carter.
C: It's your grandad ...

I started crying .

A: No , no , no what happened Carter !?
C: Aysia , I'm sorry .
A: No ! He can't be gone Carter ! I didn't get to say goodbye ! 
C: I'm sorry baby girl .

I just hung up my phone . I was sitting up by now .

"Are you okay ?" NiNi asked . I didn't even notice she woke up . "I'm sorry ." I said wiping my eyes . "I didn't mean to wake you up ." I added .

"Are you okay, it doesn't matter ." She said . "I'm fine. " I said looking down .

She was staring at me . I looked up at her and started crying hard .

"My granddad is gone , I have nobody ." I said falling into her chest . She held me . "Hey , ssh , it's okay . " she said .

She laid my hair . "You got me now ." She said .

I looked at her . " I do ? " I asked . "You do ." She replied kissing my forehead .

Ghiaa had then walked into the room.

"A ." She said shocked . "Did you hear ?" She asked . I nodded . "My poor baby ." She whined walking towards me . She joined me and NiNi's hug .

She had on a silk light pink robe . "Where you get this from ?" I asked her pulling away. "Oh Ma , got it for me . " she said . I rolled my eyes .

"So when you wanna go back home ?" She asked me . "As soon as possible . " I said . "What y'all mean back home ?" Ni asked . "I'm not from South Carolina." I replied .

"Where you stay ?" She asked . "Long Beach ." I said playing with the blanket . She just nodded . "Well cmon pumpkin so we can start packing . "Ghiaa said . I nodded and got up . She walked out to get her clothes I assume .

I got up and got my clothes . "You can borrow some of my clothes if you want . " NiNi offered . "Thank you ." I replied .

I grabbed a shirt and sweatpants . They were baggy on me but not that bad .

She got up to and threw some clothes on . I threw my hair in a ponytail . Before I walked out she grabbed my arm. She gave me a small kiss, "call me if you need me. " "Thanks ." I said walking away .

***

When I said as soon as possible . I meant as soon as possible .

We here like shit .

I got here and a bunch of granddaddy's friends were on the porch leaving flowers and stuff .

"Hey guys." I said . Of course they groaned and mourned more when they saw me . A few prayed for me .

I invited them in for some coffee.

They were all speaking about memories with my granddad .

My granddaddy was a knucklehead .

Everyone started leaving after a while .

Ghia and me were talking on the couch .
I left the door open for anyone who wanted to drop off some flowers .

The out of nowhere  Lexi walked in with flowers . "Baby girl ." She said softly .

"Aysia ." Carter said walking in behind her .

This is not what I wanted my welcome home to look like .

"Ayo mama you left before -" Niesey said walking threw the door with a bouquet of flowers as well .

"Who Tf is you ? "Lexi said .

"NiNi ? Whatchu doin out here ? "  I said getting up .

"Ohhhhh bish ! " Ghiaa said looking at us like we some reality show .

"Who you talking to like that ?" NiNi said to Lexi .

I jumped up .

"She right who tf is you ?" Carter asked. "Nigga who Tf was speaking to you ." Lexi said to Carter . "Nigga I'll talk to whoever I want to . " Carter said .

"Yo can all y'all shut up , this isn't the time nor day to start nun ." I said . The just mugged each other and handed me the flowers .

"I didn't think you wanted to be by yourself today . "NiNi said giving me the flowers . "But I see that ain't gonna be a problem." She said getting ready to walk out . "Call me if you need something, I'll be at my hotel ." She said . "NiNi." I said tryna stop her but she walked out .

"Aysia who Tf was that ?" Lexi said . "Get out ." I groaned . "You kicking me out ??? " she snapped . "Not today Alexis !! " I shouted . She looked at everyone else then me .

She just walked out and grabbed her dollar tree flowers .

I didn't want them half dead shits for my grandad anyway.

Carter opened her mouth then got a text message .  She unlocked it and looked back at me . "We're gonna finish this later." She said walking out and calling someone .

I groaned and sat on the couch .

"That was interesting ." Ghiaa said . "You wanna leave too .?" I asked. "No need for attitude ." She said getting up .

" Ima give you some time aight . If NiNi here I know M.A. Ain't that far . " she said grabbing her purse .

"I'll come back in the morning ." She said walking out and closing the door .

I groaned and laid down .

NiNi P.O.V.

I walked into my car across the street . I just couldn't get the strength to turn it on .

One by one I saw everyone walk out the house .

I'm contemplating whether or not I wanna try and go in again .
I ain't tryna be clingy and shit . I just wanted to show my respect.

And besides lil mama look like drama is all she be about .

I saw Ghiaa walk out on the phone .

She really leave her best friend alone !

I groaned .

Once I saw her get in her car and drive off I got out .

I can't have her by herself .

I knocked on the door .

I heard her moving around .

She opened the door with a runny nose .

"What . " she said . "Move ." I said .

She listened and move out the way .
I sat on the couch and patted my lap.

She walked towards me and laid down . She just started crying . I rubbed her back . 

"It's gonna be okay . " I said .