But still I rise

*Mitch's POV*

I woke up. It was about 7. I actually slept. After a long time a had a good sleep.

Thanks to him. To Scott. He saved me. He literally saved my life and then give me hope.

I am so grateful that he is here. In this hopeless world. With me.

Today is the third day since I've got back to school. It seems like not all of my friend actually left me.

Kevin, Avi and Kirstie stayed here. They are not afraid that I'm going to kill them. They don't listen to rumours.

It's good to know that I have at least someone to be with in school.

Everyone looks at me different. All my old friend are, or afraid, or ashamed to hang out with me.

But of course Scott ia here to make my day better.

Even though we can't speak very much in school, because of the Secret Friendship rules, we meet every day, usually at my place, and he gaves me adviced of how to get through this period.

Oh, and I go to school by walk.

After I got dressed I got text from Scott

Scott: r u ready

I go to school with him and Kirstie, even though I can't talk to Scott

Mitch; yes, OMG, Scott we need to sing today

I just remembered that we are singing together in front of the entire classrom. And we need to convince them that we hate each other.

Scott: I completely forgot. At least we have excuse to talk

Mitch: true, see u soon ;)

Scott: :)

That boy has a point. We can talk today. Of course, we need to be a little bit mean to each other. Just to make us little more believable. But it's still going to be good to talk to him.

I got my bag and I got out of the house. Kirstie and Scott were waiting for me.

"Well hello there. You are late. Again." Kirstie said complaining as usual

"I am sorry Mrs. Maldonado. It won't happen again." I said making Scott laugh

She smiled too "Idiot. So, are you boys ready for your performance today?" 

"Of course we are" we said at the same time.

I roled my eyes trying to resist from laughing. I think Scott did the same.

Latter that day, the time has come. We needed to stand in front of everyone and sing Rise by Katy Perry.

"Quiet everyone!" Mr. Kaplan shouted trying to calm down the class " It's time to hear our duets. First one's are Kirstin and Avi."

They decided to sing Into you by Ariana Grande. And they were singing a capella.

Kirstie was singing almost entire song but Avi, amazing bass, did all the back melodies and he sang a little bit too.

Everyone was claping.

"That was nice" Mr. Kaplan said " now Scott and Mitch"

I took a big breath.

Scott's part was first.

"I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype"

His voice is so nice.

My part came next

"I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep, oh"

Then the rest of the beginning we sang in same order. Scott than me.

Then there was a part we sang tohether

"When, when the fire's at my feet again
And the vultures all start circling
They're whispering, "You're out of time, "
But still I rise"

And that's how we finished the song.

Everyone was clapping.

We kept that poker face what we had the entire song and we left back to our seets like a real divas.

"Amzing boys" even Mr. Kaplan started to clap.

We were amazing. And we knew it.

A/N: I love you so much. Don't forget that. :)