Ch. 11 part 1 -Temptations

“Alright, buddy,” Frank said, all traces of niceness vanishing instantly. He narrowed his eyes at me dangerously. 

“We need to have a little talk.”

“Go for it, bro.” I said obnoxiously, crossing my arms and raising my eyebrows, looking at him with amusement.

His lip curled as his facial expression changed to the one of utmost annoyance.

Look,”  He began harshly. “You may think that just because you’re some famous singer that all the girls drool over that you can be all high and mighty to anyone and everyone. You may think that just because you’re the one making all of the income for this family means you can try and control your mother and tell her who she should and shouldn’t see.”

I felt the insane urge to burst out laughing. 

“I know your type.” Frank continued, pointing a finger at me annoyingly. “You’re an annoying and arrogant little ass who thinks he’s hot shit. You’ve made it big, now you think you can get all the girls and booze you want.”

I snorted. “Think?” I said sardonically. “I know I can get all the girls and booze I want.”

Frank’s lip curled even more. He leaned towards me, narrowing his eyes angrily. “She knows what you do in your free time, Bieber. Your mother. She sees as much as I do that you’ve turned into some filthy rich womanizer who rides around on his high horse thinking he has the God-given right to order anyone and everyone around.”

I let out a harsh laugh. “Yeah.” I began. “‘Filthy rich’”, I said, using air quotes. “Bet you just love that, don’t you?”

He raised one eyebrow menacingly.

“You see, the thing is, Frank,” I said, shifting in my seat so that I could sit up properly. “You may think you’ve got me all figured out, and you may think you know exactly who I am, but...” I sneered. “I can see right through you, too.”

Frank narrowed his eyes even more. “Is that so?” He growled through gritted teeth.

I nodded. “Mhm.” I replied. “So you’ve figured out what I like to do with all of those girls I bring home every day. And obviously I know my mother knows, too. And like you, she’s well aware of what I do and where I go on the weekends when I’m not working.” I snorted. “But I’ve figured out exactly what you like to do, too.”

He continued to stare at me testily, as if challenging me to say what was really on my mind.

“You’re nothing but the male version of a gold-digger.” I said, giving him a smirk. “You’re a user, Frank. I know what you’re after, and it sure as hell isn’t my mother’s heart.”

Frank let out a chuckle, shaking his head with amusement. “You kids these days. Your heads are stuck so fucking far up your asses that you’re constantly bent on the fact that you think you know everything about everyone, and everyone else is wrong except for you.”