Ch. 15 -No Sleep

Happy Birthday Justin!

Votes + Comments = Sooner update!

====

I gave him a nervous smile as a strange swooping sensation hit my stomach.

“R-really?” I asked conversationally, trying to keep my voice calm. I giggled nervously. “W-what about?” I cleared my throat, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

Greg took a deep breath, turning to head into the living room and motioning over his shoulder for me to follow him.

I bit my lip anxiously and tentatively began following him, taking careful steps through the foyer into the high-ceilinged lounge.

Greg turned around and perched on the arm of one of the couches, clasping his hands together in his lap and staring up at me, his face emotionless.

He nodded his head once at the armchair across from where he was sitting, silently indicating for me to take a seat there.

I swallowed nervously before I sat down on the edge of the chair, placing my hands on either arm of the chair calmly.

A rush of adrenaline and nerves was coursing through my veins, making my heart race, pounding against my ribcage. 

There was a prolonged period of awkward silence for several moments, as the two of us sat there and stared at one another.

Great. Just peachy.

I cleared my throat quietly. “So, uh...” I began. “What did you want to talk to me about?”

“I just wanted to talk to you about Bieber.” Greg stated, staring straight into my eyes.

I quickly rolled my eyes, hoping to come across as annoyed by the subject. “What a douchebag.” I muttered. I gave a fake chuckle. “What about him?”

Greg stared at me for a moment with evident confusion, furrowing his eyebrows ever so slightly. 

“I’m still just confused as to why you were sticking up for him earlier...” He said slowly, trailing off and glaring at me suspiciously.

I could feel nervous butterflies swarming inside of my stomach, but I swallowed hard, trying my best not to feel them. “I don’t really know why.” I lied, shrugging. “I - I don’t know.”

Greg peered at me for a moment more, narrowing his eyes and squinting across the table at me as if surveying me, waiting for me to crack.

I kept my composure, making certain that my face remained expressionless.

One crack and he might be able to tell I was in the midst of one huge lie.

“Look, I just -” I sighed, shaking my head. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have snapped at you like I did, especially in front of...well...y’know...him, and...” I sighed again. “It must have just come across as really weird and stupid, and I didn’t mean for it to.”