Ch. 34 -Resolutions

Only the epilogue left....

but there is a sequel

Ch. 34

Resolutions

I laughed loudly at something Natasha had said as the two of us walked across the front lawns towards the parking lot, the frozen grass crunching underfoot. 

It was the Friday after Justin and I had officially become official, and school had just let out for the day. Feeling a spark of randomness, Natasha and I had decided to hit up Starbucks before heading home to figure out plans for tonight.

“I will never forget the image of Aubrey Woods running smack into Kitty Franklin in the cafeteria on Monday and getting spaghetti all over her.” Natasha exclaimed, shaking her head in reminiscence and laughing.

I snorted, grinning widely. “Oh my God, I know.” I stated. “That was classic.”

“And the best thing is that everyone laughed at her! Even her friends!” Natasha cried. “Not a single person tried to help her or felt sorry for her!”

“It’s because she’s such a bitch.” I stated as we stepped out on the front drive and began crossing it to the student parking lot. “She had it coming to her and everyone was just waiting for it.”

Natasha snorted. “So true.”

I had barely opened my mouth to make a different comment about Aubrey when suddenly, I found myself nearly stopping short in the middle of the parking lot.

We’d just arrived at where my dark blue Honda Civic was parked, only to be met with a sight I wasn’t quite sure how to feel about.

All I knew was that my stomach instantly plummeted to the ground and my heart nearly stopped.

Standing there against the side of my car, looking slightly nervous himself, was Greg.

Natasha stopped short next to me and for a long moment, the two of us just stood there and stared at Greg.

Greg, who had been staring at his phone as he was standing there, seemed to sense our presence or notice that people were watching him, for at that moment, he looked up, his eyebrows raised.

When he caught sight of me standing there, his eyes widened slightly, forming large round ‘O’s. 

Suddenly, an awkward silence ensued, during which the three of us just stood there and stared at one another, undoubtedly slightly surprised by this sudden encounter.

Then, after a moment, Natasha cleared her throat, evidently trying to ease the tension.

“Greg,” She began, her voice an unnaturally cheery tone. “Hey! What are you doing here?”