Chapter 1//Dates

'All a girl wants is one guy to prove to her they're all not the same.'

MARILYN MONROE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alicia was late, and she didn't like it, she never was one to rush herself. Finally picking up her bag Alicia runs towards her apartment's door, opening the door she quickly turns around grabbing her keys off of the rack. Pulling the door closed she jams the key into the lock, twisting it and hearing the familiar lock click she pulls them out. Turning away from the door Alicia runs down the hallway towards the stairs, pushing the door open to the stairwell she begins her descent down to the ground floor. Exiting the stairwell, and waving to the doorman that stands at the building's front door, Alicia rushes past him and pushes the revolving door, stepping out onto the busy streets of New York.

"10:30, I have 10 minutes to find the coffee shop before I'm officially late" Alicia mutters to herself while walking down the street. Slipping her phone into the back pocket of her pants she takes a turn and makes her way down the sidewalk until she finally reaches the coffee shop.

Pulling her phone back out of her back pocket, Alicia has two minutes left before being late. Pushing the door open of 'Love Struck Coffee' Alicia is greeted with the familiar aroma of coffee, a smell she has grown to love. Looking around the coffee shop for the familiar bright red hair, the brunette spies it in the furthest booth of the coffee shop and makes her way towards them.

"Sorry I'm late Tash, I overslept. Work was crazy last night" Alicia exclaims to Natasha as she slides into the coffee-stained leather.

"It's fine Alicia; I knew you would be late. When have you ever been on time?" Natasha jokes while placing her cup of tea back onto its saucer. "I hope you don't mind; I invited Clint along. He's been working all week. I thought he could use a break."

Looking at Natasha, Alicia nods, she knew Clint; they'd been on plenty of dates together since Natasha had first introduced the pair a year ago. Their last date was two days ago, and in Alicia's mind, it was perfect.

"I can tell him not to come if you want?" Natasha asks, worrying while staring at Alicia's face void of emotions after mentioning Clint was coming to join the two women for their weekly coffee outing. Shaking her head no, Alicia doesn't want Natasha to think that there was anything wrong between the two.

Five minutes pass between the two friends, five minutes of catching up and laughter. The familiar chime of the bell above the door doesn't distract the two as the archer walks through the door. Walking into the coffee shop, Clint becomes aware of the smell of coffee that was too strong for his nostrils. He didn't want to be at the coffee shop; he didn't even want to be out, but when Natasha mentioned that Alicia was going to be there he had to go.

Walking towards the two women that were still chatting, Clint spies the brunette who he had spent countless nights out with. Pulling himself out a chair Alicia finally acknowledges the man she loves standing in front of her. Holding her hand out Alicia decides its best Natasha didn't know that the two had continued to see each other after the first time they had been introduced.

"Hello, Clint, pleased to meet you again" seeing what Alicia was doing Clint responds.

"Hello, Alicia," Clint accepts, shaking her hand. Blushing Alicia removes her hand from his watching as Clint sits down on the chair he pulled out across from her.

Proud that her two friends were getting along, Natasha returns to her tea, picking it up and taking a sip. She watches as Alicia pulls out her phone and starts to text someone. Not wanting to intrude she tries to think of something to say, that would hopefully be a topic both of her friends could relate to.

"So how about the weather?" Natasha asks, hoping it wasn't obvious she was trying to break the awkward atmosphere.

"The weather really, you might as well ask how did Tony Stark become so famous" Alicia jokes, still looking at her phone, not able to see the look the two agents' faces pull when the man who wore the iron suit was brought up.

Looking up from her phone Alicia notices her boyfriend and best friend looking shocked at what she had just said. "Are you two okay?" Alicia asks putting the phone down to give them her full attention.

Nodding her head, Natasha picks up her cup of tea again taking a sip out of it looking over at Clint hoping he'll take the lead and give a response.

"No we're fine" Clint replies, "Just didn't expect you to say that I mean he is the Iron Man" Alicia nods understanding.

Time passes between the three, they are finally on a topic they could all talk about before they could continue anymore, Alicia notices how dark it was outside thinking it was about time she left.

Standing up she looks at her best friend "thank you so much, Nat, I loved catching up."

"I'll walk you out" Clint offers, smiling at the man Alicia walks towards the coffee shop doors with Clint following closely behind her. Pushing the door open, Alicia stands outside in the cold air, listening as the door closes behind her, stepping out aswell Clint stares at Alicia waiting for him, walking up behind her he pulls her into a hug.

"Have a good night" Clint whispers into her hair while his arms make their way around her waist. Resting her head on his chest, Alicia smiles knowing they would see each other very soon.

Looking up at Clint, Alicia leans up, kissing him on the cheek, removing his arms from around her waist. Alicia takes a step away from him, turning to walk away.

Turning around Alicia raises her hand blowing Clint a kiss, lifting his hand he catches the kiss watching as her face turns red at his action. Smiling at him one more time Alicia turns around continuing her journey back home. Walking back into the café Clint notices that Natasha was no longer sitting at the table, all that was left was a single white piece of paper.

Don't think I didn't see Hawkeye...
Natasha xxx

Smiling to himself, Clint picks the note up and shoves it into his jacket pocket before turning away and leaving the table, walking out of the coffee shop and disappearing into the night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyo,

The first chapter finished!!!
I hope you guys liked it. If there is anything that doesn't make sense, please let me know so I can edit it and fix it. (I HAVE FINALLY READ THROUGH THIS IF ANYTHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW)

I will hopefully update soon.
I do hope you have a wonderful week.