Chapter 13//New

"Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them."
- Stacy London
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cooper was almost 6 months old and Alicia couldn't wrap her head around the fact that her little boy was going to be 1 in another 6 months time, she had tried her hardest not to cry about it but had failed every time a new month passes by. The ticking clock above Cooper's crib told the time of 2:30 am, looking away from the clock Alicia looked back down at the sleeping babe she couldn't leave because she didn't want to miss out on anything.

"Sweetheart, what are you doing?" turning around Alicia stares at a sleepy looking Clint who was leaning against the door frame of Cooper's room.

Smiling at her husband Alicia walks towards him and wraps her arms around his waist, resting her chin on his chest she looks up at him "I don't know, every time I look away from him I think I'm missing out on something and I can't miss out on anything Clint." The tears in her eyes had started to fall down her cheeks at the thought of her missing out on anything in Cooper's life.

Chuckling at his wife's words, Clint bends down and kisses her forehead "you won't miss out on anything Alicia, but what you are missing is a decent nights sleep." Grasping her hand Clint leads her out of Cooper's room and back to their room "now we are going to sleep until he wakes up and then we can worry about what his future holds."

Nodding her head at Clint, Alicia falls down onto their bed and before she could pull the covers up she falls asleep at the thought of her son's smile. Looking over at his wife Clint smiles and shakes his head knowing that no matter what she was always going to worry about Cooper.

Two weeks had passed since Clint and Alicia's revelation in Cooper's room, Alicia no longer stared at Cooper in the early hours of the morning instead she kissed him on the head and went to sleep. But in those two weeks, Clint had been called on a mission and Alicia couldn't help but worry about her husbands well being. Ever since Cooper was born the Avengers hadn't been giving Clint as many missions as he had been doing before.

The morning Clint left for his mission Alicia stood in the entryway of their house with red puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. "Why do you have to go can't you sta..stay here with Cooper and I and they can send someone else in.." Alicia cried to her husband who was wearing his Hawkeye gear and holding his bow.

Looking at his wife Clint lifts his hand up and wipes away the tears on her cheeks "they would if they could sweetheart, I'll be back before you know it and then we can celebrate with cake and we can take Cooper to the swimming pool in town and have family time."

Shaking her head Alicia wasn't going to accept that as an answer, all she wanted was for the Avengers to sort out their problems without Clint "Sweets, I'll be back, I promise." Smiling at his wife Clint leans down and kisses her. Raising her hands Alicia holds onto his face and smiles into what may be their last kiss for a while.

Pulling away Clint kisses Alicia once more before he walks out the door, down the stairs and opens the door of his car. Turning around Clint raises his hand and waves at his wife standing in the entryway with nothing but her pyjamas and robe on. Raising her hand away from her chest Alicia blows Clint a kiss and watches him hop into his car and drive away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyo,

IM BACK!!!

I am so sorry for making you all wait so long, I have been trying for literally months to write a chapter that I was happy with. This chapters plot alone has been changed so many times, and I have obviously finally settled on a story that I was happy with and I know it isn't a long chapter but hopefully, I'll start writing longer chapters soon.

Obviously, you can tell that the layout of the book has gone through a couple of changes and I hope that you all like them.

Also,
THANK YOU to all of the people who have added this book to reading lists, that means so much to me that you want other people to read this book.
THANK YOU for 7k reads HOLY COW. Now I know that the book may say 6.5k reads and this is because I deleted a couple of chapters and thus lost all of those extra reads. But 7k was hit and I cannot believe it.
THANK YOU as well to all of the people who voted as well on my little hiatus.

I don't know when I'll update next but this year I'm going to try and update as much as I can. Don't forget that your votes, comments and adding this book to reading lists mean so much to me.

Obviously, I haven't read through this chapter if something doesn't make sense please let me know and I will try and fix it as soon as possible. (I HAVE FINALLY READ THROUGH THIS IF ANYTHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW)

I will hopefully update soon.
I do hope you have a wonderful week.