Chapter 11//Yes

"So, what if, instead of thinking about solving your whole life, you just think about adding additional good things. One at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow."
-Rainbow Rowell
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 - one year since the BATTLE OF NEW YORK
Smiling down at the ring that she now wore with pride, Alicia couldn't help but think back at the memory of the bruised and battered man on one knee in front of her apartment door after the Battle of New York. It had been one year since the battler and Tony had redesigned Stark Tower to accommodate all of the Avengers and renaming the tower was Alicia's personal input. The Avengers Tower had been built within the year, Tony hadn't wasted any time in having the Tower open and functional for the team to start saving the World.

Looking up at the tower Alicia stares at the giant A that Tony had insisted the tower needed, shielding her eyes away from the sun she turns off the sidewalk and walks into the tower lobby. Walking across the newly polished tiles Alicia takes note of all the people wearing suits and SHIELD uniforms.

Making her way across the lobby Alicia walks over to Mary who was forcing a smile on her face while listening to the man standing at her desk, looking past the man Mary notices Alicia making her way over towards her "Alicia" Mary calls out waving to her brunette friend.

Smiling at her friend Alicia stands next to the man at Mary's desk "good morning Mary, how are you on this fine day?" Alicia questions her hoping that the man would get the hint an leave. When he doesn't make any move to leave Alicia turns to him and gives him a tight smile "I am so sorry sir, but you're going to have to find another person to help you as this beautiful receptionist is currently talking to somebody."

Glaring at Alicia the businessmen picks up his briefcase and walks away from the desk and towards the line that was starting to form in the lobby, "thank you, you don't understand how long I've been trying to explain to him that what he was looking for I couldn't help him with"Mary explains.

"I do the best that I can," Alicia says smiling down at her friend "what do you have for me this morning?"

Grabbing on the pile of letters that Mary had collected this morning she hands them over to Alicia, staring at the pile in her hands she looks back at Mary with a smile, "Thank you, Mary. Turning away from Mary Alicia walks towards the elevators and stands behind the group of people that had already formed in front of the metal doors.

Looking between the heads of the people in front of her Alicia watches as the doors slowly start to open, pushing her way past everyone she walks into the elevator with a group of men and women who had already made their way into the elevator. Reaching through the sea of people Alicia presses the top floor button hoping she'll run into Tony, clutching onto the pile of letters in her hand she watches as people start to exit and enter the elevator.

Looking up from the floor Alicia looks around at the empty elevator that she was now standing in, looking up she stares at the passing numbers on the screen indicating that she wasn't too far away from her floor. Reaching down into her pile she grabs onto an envelope pulling it out she reads Tony name printed across the front, rolling her eyes at the bank logo also printed on the top corner of the envelope. Tearing open the envelope she pulls out the letter and reads the bank notice, skimming through the words on the notice, she rolls her eyes at the amount of money Tony owes the bank. Looking away from the letter she notices that elevator doors were wide open waiting for her to walk out, making her way out of the elevator she turn left and starts her journey towards her office.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to come into work" turning around Alicia looks over her shoulder and sees her boss standing behind the bar with a drink in his hand, smiling at him Alicia walks over to Tony and hands him the pile of letters.

"Here, these are your's take them before I read another one and become annoyed," she says, turning away she continues her journey towards her office.

Looking down at the pile of letters in his hands Tony walks from around the bar and follows after his assistant "you can't expect me to read all of these, you need to help me" Tony says reaching out for his assistant's shoulder and grabbing ahold of it and turning her to face him.

Grabbing onto the pile Alicia stares back up at Tony "I'll help you on one condition you ask me nicely or I won't help you with these at all."

Rolling his eyes at his assistant "Alicia please help me sort out my personal life."

Smiling at him Alicia looks down at the pile and divides it in half, handing the top half to Tony she looks down at her watch and takes note of the time "okay if I'm going to help you, you have a deadline of one hour to read all of these. If you don't read these in an hour I won't do anything for a week."

Rolling his eyes Tony looks into Alicia's eyes, when he doesn't see the usual glint of humor in them he knows she's being serious "fine, I'll be back in 45 minutes."

Smiling at his retreating figure Alicia turns around and makes her way back to her office to continue doing her job.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heyo,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sorry for the very late update this chapter has left me stumped and unmotivated, but I have been trying to think of something since I last updated and it hasn't been going well. But I have finally updated!

So a few things to say before the following chapters and how they affect AOU.

1. There will be another four chapters in Pre-AOU, as if you haven't noticed by now I'm trying to do every part in 5 chapters. Whether or not they're short or they're long chapters.

2. The dates between Avengers and AOU is between 2013 and 2015, and in these next five chapters they're going to be different years, and I will state that at the beginning of the chapter what year they're in. In this chapter it is set in 2013 which will be a year of THE Avengers and the next chapter will be 2013 as well.

3. I will try to update regularly but at the moment I am working to look for a job, and most of my time at the moment is seeing what is available and what I can find.

But, carrying on I have not read through this through, and I will be doing that soon as I still need to read through the last chapter. (I HAVE FINALLY READ THROUGH THIS IF ANYTHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW)

I will hopefully update soon.
I do hope you have a wonderful week.