Chapter 6//Tesseract

"I recognize the council has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid-ass decision, I've elected to ignore it."
NICK FURY
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up alone was something that Alicia was used to, but she never has liked the feeling of a cold spot next to her in a bed that wasn't hers. Stretching her arms out she pats the space next to her, opening up her eyes she turns her head around to see the place where Clint once was empty. Lifting herself up off the bed she turns to look down at the empty side of the bed baffled has to how Clint had gotten out of bed without her waking. Pushing herself up off the bed she stands up walking around the bed towards the open bedroom door, making her way out into the hallway Alicia tries to listen for any sudden sounds that could indicate whether or not Clint was still in the apartment.

Trudging into the kitchen, Alicia looks around at the space "Clint" she calls while making her way out of the kitchen and into the living room to find it empty.

Walking out of the living room Alicia makes her way back into the bedroom, doing a quick sweep of the room she looks to see whether or not she is missing something, looking back at the bed she notices the small piece of paper lying on Clint's pillow. Rushing back to the bed she reaches down to pick up the paper, flipping it over she notices the messy writing that belongs to Clint.

Alicia,
I'm sorry I'm not here but, work called me in early this morning and needed to me to come in.
I wish I were there with you, but I'll be back as soon as I can.
All My Love,
Clint.

Smiling down at the piece of paper Alicia folds it back up placing it back down on the pillow, making her way over to her bag she opens it pulling out her phone to see a multiple messages from Phil Coulson. Sliding her finger across the screen Alicia unlocks her phone to read all of the messages that Phil had left her.

Phil Coulson/SHIELD
Hello, Alicia,
I was wondering if Mr. Stark was
free today for a meeting about the Avengers initiative.
Phil.

Scrolling through the remaining messages on her phone she realises that they were all asking her the same thing, pressing the home button on her phone Alicia opens up her contacts tapping on Tony's name that was at the top of her favourites list. Listening to the rings coming from the phone Alicia pulls the phone away from her ear, pressing the end call button after Tony doesn't pick up. Reaching down in her bag Alicia pulls out her spare shirt and skirt she had bought over to Clint's to change into, pulling them on as quickly as she can Alicia runs out of Clint's apartment and down onto the street making her way towards Stark Tower to talk to Tony.

Running along the tiles that Tony insisted had to be polished every day in ballet flats was not a fun experience for the brunette, reaching the elevator she presses the up button watching as the doors opens up straight away.

Stepping into the elevator, Alicia stands in the middle of the small room, turning to face the doors "take me to whatever floor that Tony's on please JARVIS" she says while pulling out her phone again seeing a new message from Phil.

Phil Coulson/SHIELD
Alicia, please let me know when Tony has any free appointment spaces for this week please, it's critical.
Thank You, Phil

Locking her phone once more Alicia looks up just as the elevator doors open to Tony's penthouse, walking out of the elevator Alicia looks around the room noticing Tony sitting with his back to her on his couch.

Walking around the couch Alicia steps down onto the lowered floor, making her way over to Tony Alicia sits down on the sofa next to him she places her head on his shoulder letting her eyes rest "what's wrong my small bean" Tony questions.

"Nothing" she responds while cuddling closer to Tony's side, pulling out her phone Alicia unlocks it yet again, opening up her calendar app she looks at all of the meetings that Tony has for the next couple of weeks, hoping to find a free space so Phil would stop bothering her.

"Phil Coulson wants to talk to you about the initiative again" Alicia mentioned while locking her phone.

Standing up from the couch Tony stares down at Alicia shaking his head before walking away from the sofa and her, following Tony Alicia stands up, making her way to Tony who is looking out over the large city of New York. Placing her hand on Tony's shoulder, Alicia squeezes it "Tony you know Phil's very excited for this initiative to run, he wants all of his heroes to meet and to become friends."

Shaking his head again Tony turns to look at Alicia shrugging her hand off his shoulder "and I know you want me to join so I can make friends that aren't precious, annoying and who don't flirt with you all the time."

Giggle to herself Alicia rubs her thumb over the top of Tony's hand before dropping it, making her way to her phone, reaching down Alicia grabs her phone to check if there were any messages from Clint. Frowning down at the blank screen of her cell she throws the phone back down on the couch and sits down on the sofa next to her phone throwing her head back so she was looking up at the ceiling.

Looking away from the skyline Tony turns to his assistant who was slumped on his lounge looking up at the roof of his penthouse "I'm going to ask you again" Tony says while Alicia looks away from the ceiling to stare at him "what's wrong?"

Looking at Tony Alicia opens up her mouth to reply but then shuts it, she has kept Clint a secret for so long, Alicia didn't wish for Tony to get upset because she had another man in her life that wasn't him. Alicia knew that he wouldn't like that she was dating someone that he didn't know of or he had never met, and when the time did come for them to meet she was praying for Clint's survival.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyo,

I am so, so sorry for the late update, for this chapter I had no idea what I was going to do with it and because of that, I lost interest with it. I have tried to make this chapter full of information about Alicia, Alicia and her relationship with Tony.
I am yet to start the next chapter, and I hope to soon.

These AVENGERS chapters will be around 4-6 chapters long, and as Clint is not in the first movie as much as I would like him to be, I will try to incorporate his P.O.V whenever I can. This first chapter is very much about getting into the beginning of the AVENGERS film, I haven't included a lot about the movie, but I hope you can guess where Clint is and why Phil wants to talk about the initiative.

Again I haven't read through this chapter but I will very soon, I haven't read through it as my computer is at 2% and it won't give me enough time to read through what I have written. (I HAVE FINALLY READ THROUGH THIS IF ANYTHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW)

I hope you all have a fantastic week I am on holidays at the moment which will mean I may not update again next week (Saturday AEST) but I will try and write as much as I can while I am here.

I will hopefully update soon.
I do hope you have a wonderful week.