Chapter 2

Ryan's POV

"She's a cop Jonathan! A fucking cop! She's not some ordinary human being that I can lure into the supernatural world you know? She can literally kick my ass. I mean, she has a gun, and a badge-"

"Ryan" he interrupted "You're the Alpha of the strongest pack in the country. "

"If she were a werewolf, that would have really helped Jonathan, but she's not. She doesn't care if I'm an Alpha or not because she doesn't know, and after yesterdays encounter, I can't just walk up to her and be like 'hey, you wanna go out sometime?' because she'll probably shove me into jail and then I'll never have my go with her" I ranted, my brain rushing with ideas to try to get close to my mate.

"Then why don't you just fake something and put in a police complaint, I mean she is a cop afterall." He suggested, successfully gaining my full attention. An idea formed into my head as I smirked wickedly.

Oh mate, there is no way I'm letting you slip away from me so soon.

"Jonathan, I need you to ring up the Brewster's" I ordered, his smirk mirroring mine in a matter of seconds.

He turned around, his steps proceeding towards the door when he suddenly paused, turning around.

"By the way, you have a hot English mate my friend!" he teased, making it a dash for it before I chased after him.

Elisabeth's POV

"Cause baby there ain't no mountain high enough! Ain't no valley low enough!-"

"Oh for god's sake will you please stop singing El?" Em yelled for the tenth time during our exciting little road trip to the precinct.

"Oh come on, this song is the best Em!"

"Not if you're going to sing in with a thick British accent" she commented, making me scoff instantly.

"Are you insulting my British accent Em?" I said, stressing my accent even more. She sent a minor glare my way as we pulled up into the precinct, walking straight inside to our little work area.

"What's on the agenda today partner?" I asked, looking through the case files, looking for cases to solve.

"Yo Elisabeth!" my co-worker Ben called, catching my attention. "Captain wants both of you in his office right now" I shared a quick confused glance with Emilia before we took off towards the captain's office.

Noises started striking our ears through the office rush as we approached the door, and what was beyond that door was sure something I was nor hoping nor expecting to see.

"It was all so sudden, we didn't-" the man's words were interrupted as soon as our presence was made in the room.

He turned around, capturing my eyes with his for the second time in two days.

"Captain? You called for us?" I said as nicely as possible without ripping the man's head off through my slight clenched teeth.

"Yes, ladies, let me introduce you to Ryan Barnes and Jonathan Foster. These gentlemen here have just reported that their best friend, Elvis Brewster has been missing for two weeks now. I'm putting you girls on the case, I would like you to begin immediately." He commanded curtly making my mouth drop to the ground.

"Captain, we don't take missing people's cas-"

"Well now you do. I said begin immediately ladies." I scoffed inwardly, cursing my luck in rage. Surely these men from last night had something to do with it. I knew that since the very moment I met them, and I did not plan on letting them off so easily.

"Of course captain, thank you" Emilia obediently responded before heading out the door. I waited till the two guys from last night walked out to talk to the captain.

"Captain, what just had happ-"

"I know you don't take missing person's cases Elisabeth. But these men requested especially for you two, claimed they knew someone who had you on their case and wouldn't accept anyone else taking the case. So what? Make an exception, it's just one case. Besides, if you can solve all these murders I'm sure you can uncover a missing person's case El. Don't let me down." He commented, leaving me with no words.

Speechless, I nodded wordlessly and walked out the room towards my area where I found Em talking to the guys whose case I was furiously agreeing to take against my will.

"Well, looks like we've got work to do. Can I escort you out gentlemen?" I faked a smile, successfully getting both men to smile and nod, bidding Emilia goodbye before following me to the elevator. Once the doors had closed, the interview had begun. "Alright, let's get things straight here shall we? Last night you two show up outside the club threatening me to come with you and today you show up at my office requesting for me to take your case? Why do I get the feeling that there is more to the story than I am being led on to?"

The two shared a glance before the hotter one, Ryan his name was if I recall, decided to finally answer some questions.

"That's where you got it all wrong" he begins, not pleasing me "We saw that you were a cop, and we wanted to report this yesterday to you, but when we tried to talk to you, well you know the rest" he concluded, but somehow, I didn't buy that story.

"Is that why you requested especially for me? Because I took someone else's case and you knew that certain someone?" they both nodded wordlessly. "And who is this certain someone if I may ask" the men tensed, not being able to provide an answer for the briefest second.

The door to the elevator opened and the look of relief clarified my suspicions on them immediately.

"We might not be able to answer your questions now, but very soon you'll know why we requested for you" were Ryan's last words before they exited the lift, leaving me alone.

His words echoed in my mind on repeat as I travelled back upstairs towards my cubicle.

"Will you please not mess this up?" Em's voice awoke me from my thoughts. I sighed, nodding, knowing that I would totally be messing it up until I got to the bottom of the missing pieces of the puzzle. 

A/N

There goes chapter 2!! Hope you guys enjoyed it! Do you think Elisabeth will figure out the truth or will Ryan have to tell her? Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and let me know what you think! Chapter dedicated to mikrikuklitsa18 for all the support!! 

Picture of Ryan to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha