Chapter 8

Ryan's POV

"I don't understand what to do" I sighed, placing my head in my hands, knotting my fingers through my hair. "I'm trying everything I can, she just doesn't give in. She doesn't even feel any bond. What the hell am I supposed to do now?"

"Ryan, take yourself out of your body and look at this from her point of view. Imagine this girl came up to you in the club, looked rather sketchy anyways, then came to your workplace and requested for specifically you to carry out the job, then crashes your date and follows you around and hides things from you, what would you do? Would you give into her and love her?" My mom responded.

"No I wouldn't, I already have a mate" I stated, trying to avoid her rightful words. I guess they were right when they said that the truth was always ugly. I was probably a stalker in her eyes. Great.

I looked back towards my mom who had already caught on to my sarcasm as she advanced towards me, sitting next to me on my bed.

"Give her time son, she'll give in eventually, no one can resist a mate bond, but give her space, let her breath." She commented, running her fingers through my hair. I smiled back at her, embracing her in a hug.

"Thank you mother" I replied.

Suddenly, the door to my room burst open, Jonathan popping through it. Wordlessly, he walked through my room, advancing towards the remote of the television. If he weren't my beta, I would have most certainly given them a piece of my mind, but due to the look on Jonathan's face, I let it slide.

"You have to watch this" he commented, turning the news on, my eyes turning towards the television.

"Ben Greenwill and his wife Teresa Greenwill have been held in questioning after the incident regarding the Reynold brothers. Detective Elisabeth Walker was shot during the incident by Henry Reynolds. This, soon after resulted in the death of the criminal brothers. This is Nia Peterson reporting live from Fox News" in the span of a minute, the remote had been broken into tiny little pieces and the television was punched with a crack running down the center. I growled viciously, no doubt alarming the whole pack house.

"Ryan, calm down she's going to –"

"I need to see her" I interrupted my mother, my wold coming out, my voice sounding possessed.

"Ryan, she's a cop, she can manage-"

"I NEED TO SEE HER!" I yelled once more, my wolf taking full control as I sprinted out the doors of the house straight into my cars.

Speeding my car down the roads, I finally arrived the hospital, wasting no time to arrive the front desk.

"I need to see Elisabeth Walkers" I announced, catching the attention of the distracted secretary whose eyes were focused on the computer screen.

"Are you a family member?"

"Yes, I'm her brother, Jack Walkers" I lied. The secretary, frowned slightly before looking down at her screen.

"It says here Ms. Walker doesn't have any siblings" she responded cockily.

"I'm her step brother. Now will you or will you not give me her room number?" I growled, successfully managing to scare the woman. She nodded quickly after a quick glance at my eyes typing away on her keyboard.

"Room 45, fourth floor" I was already in the elevator by the time she finished her sentence.

Once the elevator reached the floor, my steps slowed down, it was almost as if I could hear her heartbeat, and her scent was fresh on my nose. My hands trembled as I reached for the doorknob.

Would she be alright? Would she be unconscious? How would she react? Would she be happy? Or perhaps confused or upset? Whatever the result was, I was ready to bear the consequences, because at that very moment, I had to see her. An injury to the mate meant and injury to the Alpha. If Henry Reynolds wasn't already dead, I would have given him the worst time of his life.

I grasped the handle, pushing the door open.

Everything came into view.

Needles, monitors, liquids, sofa's, a hard stool, an uncomfortable bed. Elisabeth.

She sat casually on the bed, a magazine in one of her hands, a cast around her shoulder, and a simple expression on her face.

"Finally, what took you so lo-" she stopped mid sentence as her eyes dropped on me. Her brows knotted in confusion as she stared at me. I ignored her stare, walking inside the room anyways, shutting the door behind me. "Well well, I don't know if I should be surprised or completely unaffected by this seeing as you very much like to stalk me around like a lost puppy." She commented, returning to the magazine.

Well, maybe my mother was right.

Elisabeth's POV

"I saw the news. I just thought it would be okay to come and check if you were alright. You are the cop investigating the disappearance of my best friend afterall" he said, taking a few steps forward.

"Oh did you now? That is so thoughtful of you." I replied, catching his lie. "Tell me" I continued when he didn't answer "Is that also the reason you picked me to investigate your best friends disappearance or why you threatened me at the club too?"

"Listen Elisabeth-"

"No, you listen Ryan Barnes" I interrupted, my anger increasing by the minute. "I am not your friend, or your girlfriend, or your relative. I am not anything to you. I used to be the cop investigating your best friend's disappearance, but I think you'll notice that you just lost that too. If there's something I really cannot tolerate that would be lies, and I think you know that I have already tolerated quite a few of those from you, but I will not let that go on. If your best friend is really missing then I'll have another detective look into your case, but I'm done. From now on, I don't expect to hear from you, or see you Mr Barnes. Your train of lies with me ends here. You may leave" I finished.

"Elisabeth, you don't underst-"

"I don't think you understand Mr Barnes, you need to get out of here right now"

"Elisabeth will you just please-"

That very minute, the door re-opened, Emilia walked in with two cup of coffee.

"Hey, I got us coff—" she stopped as her eyes fell on Ryan "Mr. Barnes, what are you doing here?" Just before Ryan could reply, I cut him off.

"He was just about to leave" his eyes snapped towards mine, as with one final glance towards me, he nodded, reluctantly exiting my room.

Well I guess that chapter of my life just ended.

A/N

Are Ryan and Elisabeth going to part?? Anyone feel bad for Ryan? Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and let me know what you think! 

Dedicated to mikrikuklitsa18 , always love reading your lovely comments! Thanks for all your suppor!

Picture of Emilia to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha