Chapter 6

Elisabeth's POV
"Do you know anyone who would have wanted to hurt Mr. Brewster?" Emilia questioned our client's employer who seemed the least bit worried about his employees disappearances.

"No. We didn't talk much" he replied carelessly.

"You're his manager, you're supposed to be communicating" I stated, my level of frustration rising by the minute due to the man in front of us. He shrugged, pissing me off further.

"Did Elvis show up to work on time every day? Any troubles with his working patterns?" I continued, to which he shook his head.

"Like I said, he was a good employee, I don't know about anything about his personal life"

"Well, as his employer you're supposed to don't you think?" I snapped, earning a glare from Emilia.

"Thank you for your time Mr. Hemingway, please contact us if you remember something else." He nods, not even looking at us.

We walked out of the building silently, my mood worse than it originally was.

"El, you said you'd behave" Em commented with an accusative tone.

"I'm sorry, I just got frustrated" I confessed, running my fingers through my hair. This investigation by far the worst case I had ever gotten. Especially due to the witnesses that followed behind.

We arrived the precinct shortly, where Michael already waited, leaning against his car. They were the perfect match. The lawyer and the cop. Wordlessly, Emilia jumped into his arms, attaching her mouth with his.

"Hello to you Mike" I called, looking away, the two parted, looking my way.

"How's it going Britain?" he responded, chuckling as always. For some reason, he always called me Britain. It didn't bother me. Yet.

"Oh you know, I'm chuffed to bits" I responded, knowing he probably be pissed off since he wouldn't understand me.

"Sometimes I wonder why British and American people share the same language" he whispered to himself, getting into his car after a short wave, Emilia mirrored his actions, bidding me goodbye before taking off with prince charming.

I slid into my own car, planning on what to do next.

Now: had I gotten over my obsession of thinking that something was fishy about this case? Absolutely not. Was Emilia with me? No. Was I still technically on duty? Yes. Was I going to investigate further without Emilia's constant restrictive bickering? Most definitely.

I drove my car down the busy streets of New York, smirking once I arrived my chosen destination. Elvis Brewster's residence. Why you ask? Answers. There was something I was missing out on, and if no one was going to tell me then I would find out for myself. After all, I am a cop with all the skills of undercover investigation embedded in me.

I parked my car a few minutes away from the woods that lead to his house. Picking up my binoculars and my phone I advanced towards the house. Once I was close enough, I peeked from the branches, pressing the binoculars onto my eyes. From my view, I could see Alina talking to a man. He looked rather familiar even though his back was the only thing I could see. My curiosity got the best of me and I moved forward slightly, or well close to enough to hear the conversation going on inside the house.

"What? Why would he do that? I told Elvis to stop doing that!" Alina yelled, her words expanding my curiosity.

"Well, what's done is done" the other person, who by the voice I knew was Ryan, replied. By this time my anger returned, making me rage on the spot.

I found myself punching the wall, intending it to be a small little punch with no effect whatsoever, however t turned out to be harder than I thought, pain blossoming from my bleeding knuckles immediately. I gasped at the impact, blowing my lovely cover over.

In less than a second the door of their house had opened and Alina walked out with Ryan, catching me red handed with bloody knuckles, a phone and a pair of binoculars fresh in my hands.

"Elisabeth?" Ryan questioned.

Ryan's POV

She was here. She was actually here, right in front of me again.

Wait, why was she here? This isn't my house.

"So this is the amount of honesty you put into cases ha? Keeping secrets, lying to cops who are working their ass of to find your friend? This is it ha?" She asked, in complete and utter anger. Reality struck me as I realised that she had heard my conversation with Alina.

"Elisa-"

"No, don't even bother Ryan, you know what, I never wanted this case anyways. When I took it, I thought, well, maybe I can make this work afterall, but hell no. I'm through with this shit. This has all been too sketchy and I'm past listening to any of your pleads right now, so goodbye Ryan Barnes, I shall hand your case to Detective Martins tomorrow morning." she finished, huffing before turning around to leave.

However before she could, pulled her back by the arm into my chest. She elbowed my chest, pushing me away from her.

"What do yo-"

"No, just listen to me for god's sake!" I roared, silencing her at the minute, but not for too long.

"Why should I ha? I heard what you said in there! He shouldn't have done it! And I agree, because if not I wouldn't be stuck on this stupid case in the first place!" She shouted, confusing me further. I shook my head, calming down slightly.

"We weren't even talking about his disappearance. We were talking about how Elvis used to keep giving his kid candy all the time and how much that annoyed Alina. That's all; now will you for once stop making assumptions and doubting me. I'm not in this to trick you Elisabeth, I promise you" I responded, silencing her completely this time.

A/N

Sorry for the delay but there it is! Will she take the case back?? Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and let me know what you think!

Picture of Elisabeth to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha