Chapter 4

Elisabeth's POV

"Something just doesn't add up" I mumbled to myself, looking over the facts once more.

"For god's sake Eli, stop this already. You're just being delusional. Just because you saw them once outside a club and they looked sketchy doesn't mean they are lying about this. They have a case, and we have to solve it, the end. Now can we please get back to work. I think we should start by checking his workplace, they mentioned he worked at a bar, which is just a few blocks away from here, so let's go" I ignored her comment, looking down at the paper ahead of me.

Two guys approach me outside a club, threatening me with their actions. Then they show up at my precinct with a case. Then they show signs of hesitation, causing some serious suspicion, but at the same time they have a very strong game. Or was it planned? Or was it not? Where to look now? What to do?

"ELISABETH!" she yelled once again, successfully gaining my attention.

"What mate?" I snapped, getting distracted from my train of thought.

"I said let's go check his work place out" I nodded, facing my monitor to turn it off. Looking at the time, my mind suddenly took a 360 degree turn.

"Oh shite Em! It's already 7, I'm supposed to meet Robert at 8. Can we cover this tomorrow?" She smirked at me, causing me to instantly feel uncomfortable.

"Robert ha? This is your third date isn't it?" I nodded, choosing not to answer her question "Hows that working out for ya? Does he treat you well? Is he good looking? Does he-"

"Em, for Christ sake, it's just my third date. Of course he's nice, but who knows if that will last. Now will you please let this go. Besides, I thought Michael was taking you out anyways" I commented, recalling her words. Michael was Emilia's perfect boyfriend. See while the rest of the world including myself was suffering with the problems of life, Emilia was one of those people who had it all. From the looks to the wealth to the job to the boyfriend. She grew up as a straight A student, scored highest at the police academy, had the best metabolism and hence a wonderful figure, the perfect green eyes and jet black hair, the high school sweetheart that lasted, wealthy parents, basically, she had it all.

On a more contrasting level you had me. The girl with the fucked up childhood, the messed up grades the bottled up anger that led to becoming a detective and major, and I mean major commitment issues.

It was quite ironic to pair someone like me up with someone like her, but as if both sides of the puzzle were put together to make one.

Michael was her one and only love of her life. After dating as the 'it' couple in high school, the couple was determined to stick to each other throughout their journey until the very present, 7 years later. The idea made many people 'aww', however I particularly was not the biggest fan of romance or any sort of romance related thing.

"Yeah, we gotta go see Tatiana"

"Michael's sister? The mental one?"

"That very one" she replied, slightly disappointed.

"Good luck love. I'll see you tomorrow" I replied grabbing my stuff before walking out the building into my car.

Ryan's POV

I followed her home as she pulled out of the precinct. Don't judge me. I'm just looking out for my mate.

You all are probably thinking, she's a cop, she can take care of herself, and I get that, but you can't blame the possessive Alpha for watching over his most precious possession (as cliché as that may sound).