Chapter 18

Elisabeth's POV

I moved away from Jane slightly so she wouldn't hear me.

"What do you want?" I asked in a low voice.

"What does it look like I want?" She snapped "I want to finish what I started. Now, you can hide all you want darling, but eventually I'm going to find you" she responded wickedly making me roll my eyes.

"Who says I'm hiding? Give me a time and place and I'll be there" I challenged. The familiar thrill of danger crawled up my spine as I smirked to myself.

"Someone's become a lot braver than she last was. Alright then, let's take this back to the start shall we? If you are as brave as you say you are meet me back at the house in an hour. Oh and, I hope you won't be bringing any cop friends of yours, that wouldn't end very well" she replied, hanging up without waiting for my reply.

I held the phone tightly to my chest, taking a deep breath before heading back into the living room.

Jane and Andrew were laughing along with Ryan at something he was explaining, and Barry sat in the corner, looking absolutely bored. I advanced towards Ryan, capturing everyone's attention.

"Well, I must say, it was great to meet all of you again and I sure hope I can do this again very soon, unfortunately I've been called in for a few things so me and Ryan better get going." I announced, watching Andrew and Jane's faces fall instantly. Ryan sent me a confused look before elevating from his seat and putting his coat on.

"Jane, Andrew, Barry, it was great meeting all of you. I'm really glad I could make it today" Ryan said.

"Oh likewise dear, remember, you're always welcome here" Jane responded, embracing Ryan into a short hug, then coming towards me.

"Be careful love" she whispered in my ear before we parted. I sent her a loving smile before hugging Andrew.

Finally I approached Barry, putting my hand forwards to shake his, which he did firmly. In an instant Ryan's arm was around my waist pulling me towards him slightly.

I kept up the act until we were out of the door before walking out of his arm.

"Where are you staying?" I questioned immediately. Instead of answering however, he laughed. "Did I say something funny?"

"You're not going to ask me why I came or that you hate me for coming?"

"No, because quite frankly, I'm not surprised. Now, where are you staying?"

"I'm staying at the Copthorne Tara in High Street Kensingotn, are you-"

"Alright, go back, I'll meet you in there tomorrow morning" I responded, turning around to make my way towards my next destination, but Ryan grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

"Where are you going?"

"Home ,where does it look like it?" he look at me with eyes that said he knew it all, nevertheless, I left up my façade not wanting to include him in my business.

"What are you hiding from me?" I sighed, feeling absolutely terrible for what I was about to say.

"I'm not hiding anything from you. Besides it's my business so you don't have to stick your nose up everything I do. I told you to give me some space, that's the least you could do Ryan. Now leave" I snapped, turning around and leaving successfully.

I walked down the street into the tube, making my way towards Shepherd's Bush, my old home.

It was time to end this once and for all. It was time to bring justice to my father's death, and deliver my mother to the hell whole she belonged to.

It was time to kill my mother.

The familiar sight of my house came into view, my senses alerting themselves of all my surroundings.

I moved my hand to where my gun was, assuring myself that it was still there.

Approaching the old white door of my former house, I opened it and walked in.

Darkness filled the dusty inside, my hands wandered towards the old light switch was.

The small light of the passage lit up, making me shut the door behind me. I pulled my gun out and held it firmly in my hand taking slow steps inside the house. Finding the light switch of the living room, I turned it on.

Instantly, I was knocked back, my gun falling off my hands onto the floor along with me. I looked up, noticing the familiar features of my mother come into view.

"Is this what they taught you at the New York Police Department love?" she taunted, leaning against the living room door.

"You knew I was a cop, yet you challenged me to come here? You sure look like you want to get arrested" I stated, bringing myself back up to her level.

She smirked wickedly before her hand shot up with a sharp silver knife that she aimed towards me.

"Always a pleasure to reduce one more policeman from this world"

As her hand approached me, I grabbed it, pushing it in the other direction, taking us both to the ground. I pushed her hand backwards, attempting to knock the knife out, however the psychopath stabbed another knife on to my leg, making pain blossom up in the span of a second.

I found myself shouting and being towered by the woman as she attempted to stab me with the other knife.

It was all too sudden. The knife was centimeters apart from me when she was instantly knocked out of vision. I didn't know what it was but I took advantage of the minute and pulled the knife out of my leg, ignoring the pain and scanning the room for her.

And there she was. With him.

And by him I meant Ryan.

He was in his wolf form, but she had managed to stab her knife in his fur as he battled to get it off.

Stupid fucking Alpha doesn't fucking listen! I cursed in my head whilst grabbing my gun and the other knife from the floor.

I aimed the knife at her as she distracted herself with my werewolf mate and threw it right at her.

The knife hit her right in the chest, making her collapse to the ground still conscious. Her eyes fell on mine as I rushed towards Ryan and pulled the knife out of his fur and watching him change into his human form.

"Well, well, well, my daughter has been pairing up with fucked up animals? Ha! How cliché. Your father would not be proud of you"

"Don't you dare say a word against him. You couldn't handle a little bit of pressure and instead of supporting him you turned against him. You shamed him, you killed him. You don't even deserve to be called my mother, or his wife" I spat, aiming the gun right at her. She laughed at my action, blood spiling out of her chest and mouth.

"Go ahead, I dare you, kill me" I held the gun tighter, ready to do it. But I couldn't. I wanted to, so bad. I wanted to shoot her and end her life, then why couldn't I?

I hated her, with all my might! Why can't I kill her?

And then, the sound of a gunshot filled the room.

A/N

Who killed who? Guesses? What just happened?? This story is almost at it's end! Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and let me know what you think! Also, please do check out my new Bitterswet which I will be starting on the 28th! Message me for any questions! 

Also, Merry Christmas to all of you! Hope you all have a great one!

Picture of Mary to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha