Chapter 9

Elisabeth's POV

Great.

The one word I could finally use to describe my life. No more drama, or missing person's cases, but most importantly, no more lies or Ryan Barnes. After our encounter at the hospital, Emilia finally agreed to drop the case, a real joy for myself.

I continued skipping through my house, sweeping the floors in joy, humming along to the music playing on the television. As I did so, I realised that I had no photos of myself whatsoever to decorate my house. I didn't have many ornaments to begin with, but neither did I have any photos. Then again, why would I, my life wasn't the kind where I had any time whatsoever to take pictures of any kind. Any pictures that even existed to mark my life were probably burned down the minute I left England.

Suddenly, my hands froze, and I stopped sweeping the floor. I approached my mobile phone, intending to do something I should have done a long time ago. Swiping through my contacts, my fingers stopped right after finding the person I wanted to call.

I pressed the phone to my ears until the person responded shortly after.

"Hello" I paused, nervous about what to say. I hadn't spoken to him in the past 4 years.

"I need to meet you"

"Liz, I'm in England. I'm coming to New York during the next week, then?"

"Yeah, let me know" I replied, a slight tear escaping my eyes, the burning memories penetrating my mind.

"Take care Liz" I hung up, wiping my tears off my face, walking towards the kitchen to gulp a glass of water down.

I sat myself down on the sofa, wondering about what my life would have been like without a certain period of time, what my life would have been like without the Brew.

I was pulled out of my train of thoughts when my phone rang once again, flashing the name of my date tonight. I picked it up, my mood taking an immediate turn.

"Hello"

"Hey Elisabeth, we still on for today right?" Mason questioned.

"Yeah, of course" I replied, elevating from my place, rushing towards my bedroom to pull out an outfit.

"Great, I'll pick you up at 7" He hung up, creating panic in me.

It was already 6:15, which meant I only had 45 minutes to get ready.

After everything went down with Robert, Emilia had forcefully shoved me to go on a date with her friend Mason, who was cute, but a little too cute. Nevertheless, after everything that happened in the last few days, maybe perfect was what I needed, what I deserved. Maybe I could have my fair share of fun and then break it off with Mason. Hey, don't judge, if guys can do it, so can girls.

I pulled out my black ripped jeans and paired it with a simple strapped black blouse and with the right accessories, black ankle boots and a brown leather jacket I was good to go.

I heard a knock on the front door as soon as I finished putting my last ear ring on, a smile forming on my lips. I glanced at the clock beside me reading 7:00 pm sharp. I grinned, Mr. Perfect indeed.

I picked up my bag from the bed, walking towards the door to greet him.

As expected, Mason was wearing a posh Armani suit, looking absolutely tasty, I mean, handsome.

"Mason, hey" I said with extra enthusiasm in my voice.

"Elisabeth, you look gorgeous." He complemented, also as expected, making my smile extend even more.