iv

luke woke up in calum's arms. he asked calum to stay over the night because he felt lonely, calum came over right away and instead of leaving, the raven head stayed the night with luke. 

luke looked at michael's profile. he saw michael's profile picture, he was confused because of the way michael held up his hands. it has to mean something, right? luke thought. he just shrugged it off, waiting until calum wakes up.

luke does something while waiting for calum to wake up. he looked at the time; 10:23 AM. he decided that he would wake calum up at 10:30 if he doesn't wake up soon.

a few minutes pass by and luke looks back at the time; 10:39 AM. he looked back at calum sleeping peacefully, he didn't want to wake calum up, but he didn't have much time.

he shook calum softly, "babe, wake up," luke whispered in calum's ear.

calum started shuffling and his eyes slowly started opened, "huh? what? what's wrong?"

"michael changed his profile picture," luke stated. calum sat up and wiped his eyes with his fists, yawning.

"open up your laptop," the boy with brown hair instructed, earning a nod from luke. luke lifted up his laptop screen and opened the skype application.

they both looked at michael's profile picture. calum's eyes started filling up with tears, luke immediately noticed and started asking what's wrong.

"help," calum spoke, not saying any other word.

"what?"

"help! that symbol thingy he's doing with his hands stand for help," calum exclaimed.

"how do you know this?"

"i was deaf my whole life and i always had to use sign language, but then i got surgery so that's why i can hear now. i used to use that symbol all of the time for my mom since i was born deaf and i never really learned how to speak, which sounds pretty stupid since i'm an 18 year old boy. i got surgery last year, so that's why i didn't really talk much," calum rambled on.

(a/n!!!i do not know anything about deaf people bc i'm not a doctor obvi, but if this doesn't make any sense it's because i'm stupid ok moving on)

i softly grabbed his face, looking into his beautiful brown eyes, "you are so brave. i would never be able to do that."

"i love you so much," calum mumbles.

"i love you too," luke says, kissing calum on the lips.

"okay, we need to figure out where michael is and why he needs help," the brown eyed boy reported.

"how? and who would help us?" luke wondered.

"five words: curly haired and dirty blond."