》Games《

Max's POV

I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry.

Tears threaten to spill over my cheeks, to leave a salty trail over my lips.

I watched Corey quickly take her legs and back into his arms and hurrily stride to the couch. I slowly follow and open my mouth but Ross stops in front of me and grabs my wrist. He turns and pushed me into the mix room way from them. "What happened?!" He bristled.

Anger flashed in his eyes, my hands still a soft teal. I jerk my wrist away from his grip. "Look! I d-didn't mean t-t-to! I warned her and she was about to block it b-b-but," I tried but Ross cut me off.

"But what?! You shot her with ice?! She can DIE, YOU KNOW?! YOUR FAULT TOO! WHY WERE YOU FLINGING ICE AROUND ANYWAY?!" Ross yelled.

Anger sparked in me for some reason, "IT WASN'T ON PURPOSE! SHE WAS GONNA BLOCK IT BUT SOMETHING WENT WRONG! SHE GOT HIT, FELL BACK, BUT MY DESK AND YOU BUST IN! IT WAS A DUMB JOKE!" Tears stream down my face, heated again my unnaturally cold skin. My voice dropped and I covered me face with my hands, my shoulders shaking, "Im sorry, so sorry, it was a joke. A joke... I'm sorry."

Ross paused, he stepped back. Hes crying also and I know it. He walks out and I hear the closing of his room. Someone softly touches my shoulder then hug me. My walls were shattered and I sank to the floor, they carefully followed. I feel soft fabric on my face to scrub tears away like I'm a small child. I look at them and see it's Jess using the palm of her hand with her shirt covering it stained with tears.

I met her murmur something about Shelby being alright. She can tell I'm not listening and leaves.

It feels colder but she surprisingly returns. I look up and she drops a one and notebook by my feet and says, "Write."

I softly take it and start scribbling words on to it.

••••

Jess' POV

I'm a good liar.

I don't think Shelby will be okay for a while. She'll survive of course but... I know he did mean it.

I look at Corey and he looks pretty unsure, scared, and most of all angry.

Let the games begin.