The Hunter's Girl (Dean Winchester Fan Fiction)

I began to look over the math homework that had been placed on my desk by the teacher as the first bell rung. There weren’t many other students in the classroom yet since there were still a few minutes before class officially started. I dropped my backpack to the floor and drummed my pen lightly on the desk as I thought over the first problem. I was able to fill out three of the equations before the bell rung loudly in my ears, signaling the start of first period. My teacher, Mrs. Higbee, walked to the front of her desk whilst I leaned down to pull my notebook from my bag. I opened it and began flipping through it to find the next blank page as Mrs. Higbee spoke.

“Alright class, today we have a new student joining us,” she started. I internally groaned, glancing over to the desk to the right of me, the only empty desk in the room. I just hoped that this kid wasn’t going to be annoying.

“His name is Dean Winchester and he moved here from South Dakota,” she said.

I looked up to see a boy with sandy brown hair and bright green eyes that I could see even from the back corner of the classroom. He adjusted the collar of his leather jacket and smiled broadly at the class. I scoffed when I noticed all the girls gawking at him. Sure, he’s good looking, but come on. That’s not all there is to people. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and pulled it out to see a text from Alyssa, my best friend.

What a hottie! Can we trade seats?! –A’

                I tucked my phone away whilst looking up at Alyssa, who grinned at me from the other side of the classroom. I rolled my eyes at her and looked back to the front of the classroom.

                “So, Dean, is there anything that you would like to tell the class about yourself?” Mrs. Higbee asked.

                He shook his head. “No, not really.” The class laughed and Dean grinned. I sighed and took to doodling on the margin of my notebook page.

                “Okay then, well take your seat. You’ll be in the back next to Miss Blackwood in the corner,” she pointed in my direction and Dean made his way to the desk next to me.

He set his stuff down and got comfortable in his seat. Mrs. Higbee, satisfied that the new student was situated enough, went back behind her desk and started writing notes on the blackboard whilst telling the class to get out their notebooks. I didn’t bother to take down the notes; math was my best subject. I went to work on finishing the homework paper instead. Dean turned in his seat and looked over me. I could see his grin from the corner of my eyes.

“Hey, I’m Dean,” he said.

“Yeah, I know that already. I’m Kimberley,” I said whilst looking up from my paper to take a look at him. He looked even better close up.

He smiled and pointed at the notes being scrawled onto the board. “Shouldn’t you be writing those down?”

I raised my eyebrows slightly at him. “Shouldn’t you?”

He just shrugged. “School isn’t exactly my thing. Never has been.”

I laughed lightly and went back to doing my math homework. I could feel him looking at me from time to time, but I didn’t look up. Finally, after what felt like forever, the bell rung. I grabbed my bag and closed my notebook quickly. I hated to get caught in hallway traffic so I find it beneficial to get out of the classroom as quickly as possible to be first out in the hall.

After getting to my next class, science, I plopped down at my desk in the back corner and got out my science book from my bag. I always tended to sit in the back corner. I didn’t really have a reason besides liking to sit in that area. A minute later, Alyssa plopped down into the seat next to me.

“So how’s the new guy? Do you think he’s cute? What’s he like?” she asked, her sentences running together.

“He’s alright, seems like a slacker though. Yeah, he’s kinda cute if you like that kind of guy. And he’s just a normal person. He doesn’t seem much different from any other guy here,” I said, mentally checking off each of her questions as I answered them.

“Well, I think he’s totally into you.”

I scoffed. “And I think that you’re really crazy. I’ve only said a few words to the guy! How could you come to the conclusion that he is ‘totally into me’?”

She grinned and winked. “Instinct.” I just rolled my eyes and opened up my science book when the bell rang.

After science finished dragging along, I headed down the hall to the lunch room. I was rummaging around in my bag for some money when I bumped into someone. My bag and I fell to the ground. ‘That’s going to leave a bruise,’ I thought.  I started to scramble up and muttered an apology before I saw the hand extended down to me.

“No need to apologize. No harm done, at least to me.” The hand and voice belonged to Dean Winchester. I sighed and took his hand. He hauled me to my feet and I brushed imaginary dirt from my jeans. “Are you okay?” he asked.

I nodded. “Yeah, thanks.”

“No problem,” he said with his cheeky grin.

I started walking again and pulled out the money from my bag before I realized that Dean was following me. I stopped and pivoted on my heel to face him. “Can I help you with something?”

He smirked and leaned against a locker. “You’re different from other girls, aren’t you?”

I raised one eyebrow. “Should I be offended?”

He laughed and shrugged. “Take it however you want. It’s just something that I’ve noticed.”

“Ah, yes, from our extensive conversations,” I said sarcastically. “So, tell me Dean Winchester, how am I different from other girls?”

“You aren’t falling head over heels for me.”

I rolled my eyes. “You got that right.” I turned back around and started walking to the lunch room again. And, same as before, he followed me.

“So, Kimberley, why aren’t my charms working on you?” He asked.

“What charms?” That earned me a laugh.

“You know, my handsome features, my cool attitude, my kindness, must I continue?”

“I guess I just must be immune.”

He sped up ever so slightly and stepped in front of me, blocking my path. He leaned a bit closer to my face and smiled a one sided smile. “You won’t be for long.”

“Is that a challenge, Winchester?”

“Yes, yes it is.”

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: 

Hi! I hope you like my story! I think I know how I'm going to have this fic go, but I'm not completely sure. Enjoy, vote, and comment what you think!

Until next time~