Chapter Twenty-One: First Date?

“Dammit, that thing is so damn loud. Will you unplug it or something, Sammy?”

                Gruff, sleepy grumbled words followed the sentences. Sleep was drawing slowly away from me, but I didn’t want to wake up. The loud, beeping noise of the Winchester’s alarm clock slipped in with shuffling sounds, and then it got quiet again. I became aware that I obviously wasn’t in my house, or in my bed, and was instead lying on top of a person.

                My eyes peeled open and the sleepy haze melted away, only to be met with green eyes looked down at me. Blinking a few times, I yawned and tried sitting up, however found myself trapped in the grasp of a tired, slightly scruffy looking eighteen year old boy.

                “Don’t get up just yet; it’s too early, princess,” Dean mumbled, intent on sleeping for a little while longer. I found myself laughing at the sudden use of the nickname princess, which got the slightest pink hue to rush to Dean’s cheeks.

                “Come on, rise and shine, Winchester. The day awaits,” I coaxed.

                “It can keep waiting for an eternity for all I care,” he responded, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. Who would have thought that such a bad boy could act so childish and cute?

                After a short pause, he said, “If I absolutely have to get up, it’ll take at least one kiss, Kimmy.”

                I rolled my eyes and shifted around a bit so I could get a look at Dean’s face. He looked innocent like this, trying to fall back asleep as quickly as possible. The lower parts of his cheeks and his jaw were dusted with a bit of stubble; the beginning of the facial hair that teenage boys obsess over having. Freckles covered his nose and cheeks and eyelids, basically everywhere on his face. All in all, from my point of view above him, Dean Winchester looked completely fantastic.

                I leaned down and pressed my mouth to his quickly. He tensed up at first, and I guessed that he hadn’t expected me to actually kiss him. However, he eased up quickly and kissed me back. The moment was quite nice. That is, until I heard Sam groan in protest, telling us to get a room before he barfs. I laughed and took the opportunity to escape from Dean’s arms. If I hadn’t I probably would have stayed there all day.

                Not that lounging around with him all day would have been a bad thing, but I had things to do. I’m no love sick girl who just wants to sit around with her boyfriend all day.

                “Alright, Dean, time to get up.”

                He mumbled something under his breath, but got up either way. “And why is it time to get up? It’s barely seven in the morning, Kim!” Dean complained.

                “But there’s stuff to do! We should go out and do something; get coffee, go to the book store, anything.”

                Dean held up his hands in surrender, and to shush me, then said, “Okay, just let me go get dressed.”

                I nodded sat back down on the couch while he made his way to the dresser and then to the bathroom. After a minute, Sam came and sat down next to me. He stared intently into the side of my head until I looked over at him with a raised eyebrow.

                “Something up, Sam?”

                “I really like you, Kim. You’re a great person and I can tell that Dean is already nuts about you. So I think it’s your right to know this, because I don’t think Dean’ll mention it,” he started. I had never seen him look so serious, and it brought goose bumps to my skin. “Our dad’s in a risky business, and because of that, we don’t stay in one place for very long. This is already one of the longest times we have stayed in one place. We could up and leave any minute, no matter if my dad’s job is done or not. And after we leave, I can’t promise you how well Dean will keep up with you,” Sam admitted, ending with a deep breath and exhale.