early morning frustration

a/n so like i changed the setting on my phone so i dont have auto capitalization and so the rest of the story is gonna be in all lower case sorry if i trigger you

-leeann
----------------------------------------------------

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

the numbers are always counting down.

0 -1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 -7 -8 -9 -10

they never stop counting.

-11 -12 -13 -14 -15 -16 -17 -18 -19 -20

i feel like im falling. falling down this never ending hole to the place that will be my home someday.

-21 -22 -23 -24 -25 -26 -27 -28 -29 -30

every day it feels like the people i once loved leave me for better people.

until then... when i wake up to that bright smile everday.

suddenly, the numbers go up during the day.

-29 -28 -27 -26 -25 -24 -23 -22 -21 -20

the sun shines through my curtains, casting beautiful rays on my husbands face. the face i never thought id ever wake up to.

-19 -18 -17 -16 -15 -14 -13 -12 -11 -10

he always knows how to make me feel loved. he never left my side in my darkest hours.

-9 -8 -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0

this mans name is-

------------------------------------------

*Kim Da Hae's POV*

i returned to my dorm, extremely exhausted from such a hard day. my choreographer worked me way too much tonight and i was definitely going to feel it tomorrow.

i changed into my pajama pants and a plain white t-shirt that i never knew i had.

it didnt smell like my scent but i shrugged it off and wore it anyways.

i pulled my covers back, plopping in bed.

just as i was about to fall asleep, there was a knock on my door.

confused, i got up to go look who would be knocking this late.

the clock on my microwave said it was 12:45 at night.

i yawned, opening the door to the hall.

standing on the other side was a crying Sehun.

before i could ask what was wrong, he attacked me in a hug, squeezing me impossibly tight.

i hesitated before wrapping my arms around him as well. when he started to sob into my neck, i knew he wasnt going to be leaving.

i didnt want him to leave either.

"Sehunnie~ come inside." i whispered. he nodded slowly, breaking the hug and walking to my bedroom.

i shut the door to the corridors and followed him.

he was sitting on the edge of my bed, sulking forward.

it made me really sad to see him this way every few nights.

*one year ago*

"do you pinky promise me that youll always protect me?" i asked him through my tears.

"Dahae... i cannot promise you something so vague. but i can promise you that i will always care for you. i will be by your side."

he locked his pinky with mine, smiling at me and wiping one of my tears with his free hand.

"thank you"

*present time*

i rubbed soft circles across Sehun's back as he laid his head on my shoulder.

"thank you"

"for what?" i asked confused.

"for locking your pinky with mine."

----------------------

the sun shined through the curtains as i realized Sehun and I had ended up falling asleep in eachothers arms.

i felt his chest rising as it was pressed against my back with his right arm holding me close. his left arm was extended across the pillows, supporting my neck comfortably.

not wanting to get up, i spun around to face him and held him aswell.

seeing my best friend hurting, hurts me just as much.

"you shouldnt pretend to sleep." i heard Sehun murmer in his groggy morning voice.

"shh. i am not pretending. im actually sleeping." i said, holding onto him tighter so he couldnt leave.

"alright. i guess i have to just leave you to sleep through your very important meeting you have planned at two o' clock." Sehun joked with much sarcasm to convince me to get up.

i huffed, snuggling closer.

"you're a stubborn one arent you..." he sighed. "well i guess i'll just stay with you."

i smiled to myself, knowing i had won like always.

just as i was falling back asleep, my phone began to ring. i groaned, violently reaching for it and answering it.

"hello?!"

"hi Dahae." Yixing cheerfully answered.

"oh. hi Yixing." i corrected myself.

"do you want to accompany me for dinner tonight?" he asked, trying to soumd fancy.

"i would love to. text me the details." i ended the call with a kissy noise and set it back down on the night stand.

---------------------------------------

heres a quick update with a little snippit at the beginning of this to show that yes, someone will end up with her, but you don't know who. and if you try to guess, i will say it is wrong. even if it is right. so fight me yall.

-leeann