Quiet - Reaper76

The television was turned down, its volume only just loud enough to hear, and the vibrant light danced on the walls of the darkened room. It was quiet, peaceful, just the way they liked it.

Jack Morrison and Gabriel Reyes lay together in their living room, on the couch that was piled up with pillows and blankets, content with just being. After all they'd been through, all they'd seen, it was moments like these that made it all worth it. They'd seen fear, death, destruction, they'd felt emotions that had seemed unimaginable, they'd been torn apart and thrown back together but what really mattered was that they saw the end of the war and the beginning of peace.

And now, they were home. Maybe not the house where they grew up or the base that they'd lived on for many years but they were with each other, the only place that had ever truly felt like home to them. It was comfortable, happy and safe and that was all they could ever want.

Tonight, with the curtains drawn and the doors locked for the evening, they lay there, breathing slow and in sync. Their bodies were tangled up in each other, a mess of limbs that they couldn't find the effort to unjumble and one of Gabriel's hands was stroking Jack's face lightly.

In the glow of the TV, they whispered, laughed, kissed and stared into their lover's eyes. A warm feeling spread through Jack's body and he smiled gently, leaning forward to peck Gabe's lips.

In the quiet of the night, the two veterans were finally at peace.

~~~

Well that was short and sweet but I'm hoping to do something longer soon, so don't panic. Also I wrote that in like twenty minutes, please don't judge me.

If you have any requests, please send them in because I can't think of good ideas.

Until next time, friends!