Chapter 8

During first period I couldn't keep a smile off my face. Did he mean what he said. He probably didn't. He kissed my forehead! But it was just in a friendly way. He's just a friend he doesn't like you in that way. Oh my God do I have a friend? My thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the bell which told me it was time for second period. I gathered my things exiting the class room. I was thinking about Phil and his gorgeous eyes, when,
*crash*
I was pushed into the lockers.
"Oi, watch where you are walking faggot."
Oh no, oh no, oh no! I know that voice. It can't be. I thought he changed schools. I begin looking up towards his face. Shit, it was Charlie...
"Are you gonna apologize gaylord!" He screamed again. My throat running dry
"S-s-sorry." I stuttered out
"You better be" he yelled again as he kicked me. Again, and again, and again. Why was no one stopping him. Everyone was just watching. All of my 'friends' are walking right past me. They aren't even looking. I begin crying. I tightly close my eyes to try and block out the pain.
"What the?!" Charlie squeaked out as the kicking stopped. Should I open my eyes what will I find. I open my eyes and find Charlie on the ground getting punched and kicked by... by Phil?? Why is Phil doing this
"Leave Dan alone." Phil says with a strong voice as he stops kicking Charlie. Charlie quickly runs away. It took me a few seconds to comprehend what just happened. Phil saved me? Why?
"Thank you Phil." I said
"No problem but you need to get cleaned up."
"Oh ok, I'll go to the bathroom."
"Ok let me know if you need anything." Phil began walking away and I tried to get up. After a few failed attempts I had finally stood up. As soon as I let go of the wall I collapsed onto the ground. Phil came running back after he heard the loud smack along with a few whimpers.
"Here let me help you up." Phil said
"Ok, thank you."
"No problem." Phil reached down a hand to help me up and I grabbed ahold of it.
"Dan, your injuries look really bad. I think you should go to the nurse or something." Phil said with worry in his voice.
"To be honest I just want to go home."
"Then I will take you home."
"Are you sure you want to do that Phil?"
"Gladly." Phil smiled the brightest, warmest smile I have ever seen. God he was adorable.
"Thank you."
"Yeah don't worry about it."
Phil took me to his car and helped me get in.
"Since I've never been to your house I'm gonna need directions."
"Oh, yeah. I'm not that far away like 5 minutes tops."
"That's good." He said then the conversation went dead. We didn't talk about anything besides me giving him directions on where to turn. We soon got to my house and he jumped out of the car and ran to my side to help me out. A blush started to form on my face. He is so cute.
"Thanks again Phil."
"No problem I'll help you inside then I'll be on my way"
Dang it I wished he would stay.
"Ok." I grabbed the keys from my pocket and unlocked the door. Phil helped me up the stairs and into my room. I sat on the bed and turned around and saw Phil looking around my room at my posters.
"Wow, I didn't know you liked My Chemical Romance, or Muse! I love Muse! And Fall Out Boy! Gosh we have so much in common." Phil yelled out in excitement.
"You like them too! I thought I was the only one in the school."
"Nah I love them"
"Anyways Daniel you need to get cleaned up and I guess I need to get back to scho-"
"NO! don't go Phil!...I mean, please stay I'll be bored. We can play video games."
"Sold, what type of games do you have?"
"I have Mario Kart."
"Yes. Let's play that, I'll beat your butt."
"In Your dreams Phil."
"Let's play as soon as you get cleaned up."
"Yes mum." I said and Phil rolled his eyes.
I walked out of my room with a slight limp and into the bathroom where I sat on the edge of the tub and took off my jacket and pants. I cleaned up the dry blood all over my body. It took awhile to clean up but I got it done I put on my pants and I started walking out of my bathroom I got to my door and I stood in the door way of my bedroom. Phil was looking at one of my My Chemical Romance posters. Gosh I could stare at him all day, but I also wanted to kick his ass in Mario Kart so I cleared my throat which caused him to jump backwards in fear.
"God Dan you scared me."
"Sorry, anyways wanna play now."
"Yeah, su-" Phil froze he stopped talking and he just stared at me. Then he started crying. What happened. Did I say something?
"Are you okay Phil what's wrong?"
"Dan, why." He mumbles out with tears in his eyes. What the heck does he mean? Of course I'm fine. That's when I felt a breeze and I realized I DIDN'T PUT MY JACKET BACK ON! He could see my scars. I quickly ran back to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. God Dan how could you be so stupid. I put my jacket on and stood with my back against the door. What is he going to think. He probably left. God now he thinks I'm a freak. Well I am but I don't want him to think that. How could I have been so stupid. Then there is a knock at the bathroom door.
"Dan please come out I want to talk to you."
I begin crying but I unlock the door
"I know I'm a freak Phil I understand if you never want to see me again. I get that you want to ignore me. You can leave if you wan-" I was cut off by a warmth being pressed against my chest. He was hugging me again. I felt at home in his arms. It was perfect.
"Dan how could you ever think that. You are perfect how could I hate you."
"I'm not perfect, far from it."
"Well you are perfect to me. But Dan why do you do this to yourself."
"You don't feel like you're hurting yourself when you're cutting. You feel like this is the only way to take care of yourself. It's all about self-discipline. Like, self-obsession is connected completely with self-loathing. It's all about... finding some worth in yourself, knowing that you've got the discipline to do it, and knowing that other people maybe can't do it. And it's also, I think, really connected to the fact that you almost feel like you're mute, you've got no option. Even if you could express yourself nobody would listen anyway. Things that go on inside you, there's no other way to get rid of them."
"Dan, I will be here for you no matter what. You are so brave for sharing that with me. Remember I'm always here, and that I will always love you."
I could feel the blush on my cheeks. Did he mean it?
"May I" he asked as he pointed to my sleeves. I nod my head yes and he begins pulling up my sleeves. His eyes are soon filled with hundreds of red gashes and white lines. He starts crying again as he brings my arms up to his face. Then he starts kissing up and down my arms. This felt so nice. So perfect. It felt right.
"Promise me Dan, I need you to promise me to try to stop. Hell I know it's gonna be Hard to stop. I just need you to try your best, for me?"
"Ok"
We just sit there staring into each others eyes for what felt like hours. He began leaning in. Was he going to kiss me. Please let it be he is about to kiss me. I closed my eyes and our lips collided. His lips taste amazing. The kiss only lasted for a few seconds. We both pulled away, clearly out of breathe.
"That was amazing." I gasped out due to lack of breathe.
"Yeah, it was. But Now let's go play Mario Kart I want to beat your butt!" He joked
"Ok" I said with a smile the biggest smile I've ever had. We walked back to my room hand in hand. I start getting this feeling in my gut. One that I haven't felt in years. The feeling of love. I was in love with Phil and his perfect eyes and gorgeous body. I was in love with everything about him. I think. I don't understand love but I think that's what I feel. We sit down in my bed and start playing Mario Kart. Neither of us paying full attention to the game because we were staring at each other most of the time. We shared occasional kisses and by the end of the night i knew for certain. That yes I was truly, in love with Philip Michael Lester.