Dark upbringing

Lucy lay in bed finishing her homework. She heard the muffled yells of a man downstairs.

"I don't have your money! Your partner screwed me!" The man yelled as he was held down by Jokers men. "Let me go you sonova bitch!"

Lucy's eyes drifted to the wall, a smirk growing on her face.

She knew what came next. But as the seconds passed, her smile faded. The absence of gunshots, pleading, and even screaming slightly concerned her. She had gotten used to the way things were with her father.

And If she questioned why he had to kill his "business" partners, as she had done when she was a lot younger, he'd explain to her how they deserved it because their family would be threatened.

She got up and opened her door revealing two men standing outside guarding it. They looked down at her, their eyes softening.

"Miss Lucy, we have strict orders from your father to keep you in," they said.

She nodded. "I know but I want to get water." She lied.

"We'll get it for you," one of the men said as he started walking away.

"No. Please. I need to get out of that room. It's been hours." She said as she attempted to walk past them. They stood in her way.

"Your father wouldn't be pleased if we just let you prance out of here." Lucy sighed and ducked, slipping between one of the men's legs. She proceeded to walk slowly.

"I know how it goes." She mumbled. P
She was wearing thin material short shorts and a small top revealing her belly button. Her long blonde hair was let down and she walked slowly towards the stairs.

She saw her father sitting down with his cane in front of him. His green hair slicked back and his expression  looked grave, dark. Mean.

She looked at the man who was being beat up by her fathers henchmen

She looked at the man who was being beat up by her fathers henchmen. His groans filled the room and her eyes widened when she saw all the blood on the carpet. She looked back at her dad whose hand had come up to his face, the smile drawn on the back of his hand now taking the place of his mouth as the man was beaten to a pulp.

She smiled at her dads gesture

She smiled at her dads gesture. He really enjoys this, she thought to herself.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she looked behind her and saw the guards coming closer to her.

"Miss, please. Get back to your room. Strict orders," one of the men said in a low voice.

Lucy smirked and nodded, walked past them in satisfaction. She just had to check if things were going as they always did.

This is what she had come to know. The psychopath who raised her. The gleam in his light blue eyes both when he looked at her and when he saw blood spilled righteously.

She closed the door and lay down in her bed. She knew her fathers "business meetings" always resulted in pain and often, death. She smirked and fell asleep.