Like her mother

Lucy walked into her room, immediately walking towards a picture frame. Her mothers smile was radiant as she held a baby Lucy in her arms.

She picked up the frame and traced her
Mothers smile with her fingers.

"She was very beautiful." A voice rasped behind her.

Lucy turned slowly to face her father, who's face had twisted in a grim frown.

"You look just like her Lucy

"You look just like her Lucy." He said as he watched his daughter keep her concentration on her mother.

"I'd like to have a guest over for dinner," she blurted out of nowhere.

"Oh?" His voice had a hint of curiousity.

"It's a friend from school. My first friend. I'd like to have him over, we can finish some schoolwork too," she said.

"He!?" Jokers voice was loud.

Lucy looked up And smirked. "Dad...relax. It's not like that," she smiled.

He glared at her. "That's fine but I'll be here and you will introduce me to him, princess," he raised his index finger as he looked at her.

She nodded and smirked. He patted her cheek and walked out of the room, Johnny frost who stood outside the door followed him.

--

Thomas threw small blades to a target a few feet away. He was in the batcave again, the quiet location where he'd let his thoughts consume him.

"Stressed?" Selina walked in holding a plate of food.

"You could say that." He said as he threw another knife.

"What's bothering you? You never do target practice unless it's really bad," she said softly.

He turned to her suddenly, rage in his eyes. "Why didn't you tell me!? Why didn't anyone tell me Dad was a killer!" He almost screamed.

Selina was caught off guard. "Whoa! No, your father wasn't a killer. What are you talking about!?" Selina raised her voice in panic at her sons accusations.

"Mom. Just leave me alone. I can't do this right now," he said as he walked past her to his room. She sighed and walked back out to the kitchen with the plate she had fixed up.

She set it down, contemplating on wether or not to tell Bruce. "That kid has more stress than we ever did," she muttered as she emptied the plate into a container.

"What's the matter?" Bruce asked as he walked in.

Selina quickly did the math in her head. She wouldn't tell her what Thomas had said. It was something he'd have to confront Bruce about himself but it still bothered her.

Bruce had never killed anyone as Batman. That's what he was known for. Not killing a single criminal no matter what crimes they had committed.

She sighed. "Your son is stressed out from school." She lied.

Bruce smirked. "Better than the stress we had when we were his age," he put his hand on her shoulder caressing it.

She smiled and nodded, placing her hand on top of his.