The truth revealed

They pulled up to the Jokers mansion. Lucy had kept Thomas engaged in conversation so he didn't really see where the driver was taking them.
This was also a part of her plan. And it had worked.

As the SUV slowed, Thomas averted his gaze to the mansion before them.

Purple and green accents all throughout made it very clear who it belonged to.

Then he saw a man with green hair standing on top of the stairs before the large doors. He was leaning on a cane and had a dark look in his eyes.

Thomas's eyes widened. The Joker!

Lucy looked where Thomas was looking. "Oh. Daddy's home already?" She asked the driver.

"He cancelled all his meetings today," the man said.

Lucy smiled. "Of course he did."

The SUV parked right in front of the Joker who stood patiently waiting for his princess to return home with their guest.

Lucy was the first to exit the car. She walked up the stairs to her father, who extended his arms out waiting for her to walk into them. After embracing her, he looked up and saw Thomas leave the car.

He furrowed his brows and narrowed his eyes. Why did he look familiar?

"Daddy. This is Thomas Wayne." Lucy said politely as the joker walked toward him. He took Thomas's hand as he shook it and then stopped.

"Wayne?" Joker turned to face Lucy with a grin.

Lucy nodded.

Joker turned back to Thomas. "Are you the...son of Bruce Wayne?" He asked menacingly.

Thomas nodded. "Y-yes." Shit.

The Joker burst into a fit of laughter as he walked to Lucy, placing a hand on her shoulder.
Lucy looked to her father, waiting for him to explain what was so funny.

"Oh I'm glad I cancelled my meeting for this," he hissed as he walked into the mansion wth Lucy and Thomas.

"Daddy? I don't get it," Lucy said softly.

"Of course not Lucy, why would you? I admit I've kept secrets from you but the biggest one is standing right before you! What kind of fate is this, years and years later, the bats is still a part of the joke!" He burst into a fit of laughter yet again.

Lucy was confused.
"Daddy, what? What about the bats?" She asked pleadingly.

The Joker patted her head and grinned evilly at her.
"Princess. This is the Batmans son!"

It was as if someone had knocked the wind right out of Lucy. She looked at Thomas, her eyes sad and shocked.

"Thomas. This isn't true is it?" She asked in disbelief.

The joker watched the exchange between the two in pure happiness. The one time his daughter had thought she had made a friend, and it turned out to be the bats' son. It was painful as a father but as the Joker, there was nothing more exciting!