Who's Lucy?

Thomas barged through the large doors of the mansion, stomping his way down to the bat cave where his father would be settled in front of about twenty screens, watching Gotham through the many cameras he'd installed.

With tears in his eyes, Thomas ran down to where his father was and grabbed him by his sleeve.

"You!" Thomas screamed.

Bruce grabbed at his sons hands and stared back in shock and wonderment.
"Son-"
"Dont son me! You killed her! You killed Harley Quinn!?" Thomas exclaimed, gripping tighter onto his fathers sleeve.

Bruce looked wide eyed at his son and processed the accusation. He looked down as his son let him go.
Turning away he walked towards the chair in front of the screens and sighed.

"I'm not proud of what I've done," Bruce said simply.

"So you did kill her!" Tears rolled down Thomas's face as he backed away from his father.

"It's not what you think..." Bruce replied calmly, looking sternly at his son. "Besides, where did you get that information from?"

Thomas smirked. "The Joker..."

Bruce stood up immediately.
"What did you just say?"

"That's right, I went to the Joker. I found out the truth!" Thomas screamed as his voice broke. The emotions he felt were a sick mix of anger and nausea.

Bruce walked over to his son and in a fit of rage grabbed him by his sleeve, bringing him up to his face.
"You went to the JOKER!? Are you crazy, you could have been killed!" Bruce yelled.

"No I wouldn't, Lucy wouldn't let anything happen to me....I don't know about now though since you killed her mother!" Thomas grasped Bruce's wrists and pulled himself away.

"Who's...Lucy...." Bruce asked suspiciously.

Thomas scoffed. "The jokers daughter. The girl of my dreams. Bad news for you, huh dad?" Thomas mocked.

Bruce found the chair behind him and sat down, looking at the ground in complete disbelief.
Thomas didn't say a word more as he noticed his father trying to calm himself. He didn't want to be here anymore, he felt like he needed to be with Lucy but he knew she would dread him.
He knew where he stood now and though it was unfair, Thomas was determined to find a way to redeem himself.

******

It had been two days and Lucy still hadn't emerged from her room.
Frost would knock on her door every hour, his softened voice wouldn't even make her flinch. She was in bed hugging her knees. Everytime the door would swing open for food, the tray from the previous meal would be sitting there untouched.

"Miss Lucy...please.." Frost pleaded but still no reply. "Your father is worried."

Lucy kept staring blankly ahead.
So many pieces of the damn puzzle had fallen together and she finally made sense of the life around her.
It was an unbearable madness that caused her to descent further and further into the ground. It was an unbelievably agonizing reality.

Thomas was the first male she had interacted with, and though their friendship was new, she found herself falling for his crooked smile, his hair, his dark eyes.
He was everything she had never experienced and she wanted more.
But everything changed once it was confirmed that Thomas's father was the reason her life was so different.

Batman was the reason why Lucy was stuck with an insane father who loved her to death but clearly wasn't in the right state of mind to even raise a child alone.

Lucy felt uneasy about the whole situation. She knew it wasn't Thomas's fault but she needed someone to blame,
someone to take the heat so it would be easier to cope. She was able to read herself like that.
And since Batman was out of reach, blaming his son would somehow be justifiable. Coming back to reality, Lucy merely scoffed and buried her head back into her arms.