Lucy's heartbreak

Thomas looked straight at Lucy.
His heart was now pounding against his chest. What would he say? He knew damn well his father wouldn't kill anyone. No matter how much he wanted to.

Much less Lucy's mother...no. He would never kill anyone.

He was left shaking his head, panicking slightly at Lucy's sudden change of facial expression. She was upset, angry, sad.

Her radiant smile was no more.
The Joker stood beside his daughter, grinning at her. Her reaction.
But once he caught a glimpse of her face, the very tears threatening to spill down her soft eyes onto her soft, delicate cheeks...he wouldn't have it.

He looked ahead of him and nodded at Frost, who walked right beside Lucy and gently brushed his hand on her shoulders. "Let's get you inside, miss." He spoke softly to her.

"No. I want to talk to Thomas." She said without breaking her gaze from Thomas's.

"Go with Frost," the Joker growled.

"You're Bruce Wayne's son." She spoke slowly, completely ignoring her father who was growing impatient. Thomas nodded and clenched his fists.

"So Bruce Wayne is batman. And...Bruce Wayne killed my mother." Lucy was trying to piece it all together.

"Lucy please, I swear my father wouldn't kill anyone! Especially your mother. You've got to believe me," Thomas spoke calmly, hoping to reason with the girl he had fallen for.

The Joker was standing behind lucy now, staring daggers at Thomas

The Joker was standing behind lucy now, staring daggers at Thomas. He could have easily finished him off right here and now. And he was determined to.
He swiftly removed his gun from its holster and pointed it straight at Thomas, a wild grin on his face.
Lucy noticed the gun and quickly stood in front of it, protecting Thomas.

She didn't say a word to her father. She walked up to the gun which was now pressed to her stomach.
The Joker quickly took it down and growled.

"Out. Of the way." He growled at her.

"No." she said calmly. "We aren't doing this that way." She turned to Thomas. "Come inside." And with that, she walked in quietly through the large double doors of the mansion leaving behind a confused Joker, Frost, and Thomas.

The Joker glared at Thomas and motioned for Frost to drag him in.
Thomas didn't fight it. He wanted to sort this out once and for all. And if it turned out his father had killed Lucy's mother...then whatever they did to him was fair game.

But he knew lucy. She'd never hurt anyone.

The mansion was lavish, over the top. It was completely complimentary of lucy and her seemingly expensive look.
She looked fancy and this place fit her well.
The Joker had taken good care of her.

She was sat on a white leather couch with elegant gold trims. The emblem was like a crest representing Versace.

Of course.

She sat there glaring at the three men walking in. She saw Frost throw Thomas down to a couch in front of her and she looked up at him. "That isn't necessary." She said annoyed.

"Oh it's very necessary," the joker said as he stood over Thomas.

"Thomas. Is your father Batman?" She asked.

Thomas looked down at his hands and started to fidget. He sighed and looked at her.

"He used to be." His voice was almost grave.

Lucy's eyes filled with tears once he confirmed it. She just stared at him, her eyes no longer soft.
The Joker looked down at him, a million thoughts going through his mind.
A million ways to do damage.

"Get out

"Get out." Lucy spoke, her voice nearly unrecognizable. Her tear-stained cheeks glistened under the chandelier and she looked down, not wanting any of the men around her to see her like this.

Thomas didn't move.

The Joker walked slowly up to him and leaned down getting in his face.

"She said

"She said...get. Out." He said menacingly as he looked down at Thomas.
Frost walked behind Thomas and dragged him up by his arms.

"I'll take him boss," he said as he started dragging Thomas away.

Thomas tried fighting it, turning back around frantically to face lucy.

"Lucy please! I'm so sorry!" Was all he could say as Frost slammed the door behind them.

The Joker stood looking at his daughter who was on the verge of sobbing.

Surely, endless stories of her mother swirled through her head now and she felt frustrated at the unfair fate of her mother. Before he could do anything she quickly went up the stairs, hiding her face.

Once she got into her room she slammed the door and slid down to the floor, violent sobs ripping through her chest. It was too much.

She had finally met someone who had caught her interest, finally made a friend on her first independent experience as a teenager, as a high school student, and it blew up in her face.

The one person she was interested in was the son of her mothers murderer.

The Joker stood outside her door, hearing her sobs and wails. He never cared.
He never had any regard for human life.
But this life was his. She had no one but him, she was a part of him. His own child.

She took away an ounce of his insanity and replaced it with something else. Love. Something he didn't think he needed or deserved.

He fought the urge to walk in and instead walked away.
He was having 'guests' over anyway.