Ek

"I wanted everything in the world you could think of: money, women, sex, fame.
Well, that's what I thought I wanted until I sneaked a glance at you."

***

First Glance, First Frenzy of Unanticipated Emotions

                                                                                                ***

It was night time at Central City. The obsidian sky which was decorated with gleaming stars hung above the city's premises and the glistening moon shone proudly in the night. Despite it being night time, the streets of Central City bustled with life. Well, they did normally. Today, it was different. Today, the streets were utterly quiet as if every life were aware that the haunting shadows lurking within the night were more daunting than usual. But despite this, there was still someone that roamed the cities of Central, a young female that was known as [Name] [Surname].

Nonchalantly, she walked with a dazed look on her face, lost in her own small world of wonders and thoughts; not realizing the gleaming red eyes that stared hungrily at her form.

Sat on top of a roof, a raven-haired male grinned mischievously, his red eyes glinting in the darkness of the night.

"Well, well, look what we have here?" He murmured, glancing down at a female's form that walked on the road beneath him. "I spy with my handsome eyes a pretty little doll with nice thighs," He said, grinning. As soon as he said that, he heard a grunt from inside his head.

"Don't you dare, Greed," A voice spoke from inside his head, glaring at him. "I didn't give you my body to play around with," The voice owner, Ling, stated.

His response simply caused Greed to scoff. "Lecture me when you can actually get control over me," He snapped back, his eyebrows furrowing in distaste, before a grin appeared on his face.

"While I'm in charge of this body, I get to call the shots," Greed exclaimed smirking, before he jumped down from the roof and onto the road to approach the female his eyes had lingered upon.

[Name] yelped in surprise when a man appeared before her out of nowhere. And as soon as Greed landed before [Name], the pale shimmer of the moonlight revealed their appearances to each other. And when that happen, both of their eyes widened impossibly huge as they drunk in the appearance of the person before them, the world seeming freezing around them.

For Greed, his eyes widened impossibly huge at the sight before him. The woman that stood before him was something he could not describe; her ethereal beauty was undefinable. And what he thought was impossible, became possible. His cheeks turned a hue of red as his heart became to beat louder and faster to the point where he could hear his own heart beat in his ears.

"I-I uh," Greed began, stuttering. However, he was unable to carry on speaking as another soul inside his head, Ling Yao, gasped in surprise.

"[Name]," Ling gasped in surprise in Greed's head.

"[Name]?" Greed uttered in confusion when he heard Ling utter the said name. Greed glanced at the woman before him, and his eyes widened at the expression he saw on her face. And once again, a new emotion engulfed Greed, one he could not identify. For others, they will label this emotion as "fear."

"Hello Ling," [Name] spoke, smiling a bit too sweetly towards Ling. Her melodious voice caused a shiver to run down Greed's spine; followed by another when she lifted a cooking pan from her shopping bag over her head.

"It's nice to meet you," She spoke, her smile disappearing and being replaced with an expression of utter hatred and intimidation as she began to advance toward him.

"H-Hey w-wait-" Greed spoke gasping when he realized that the female before him had an unperceived intention of killing him. However, he did not get to finish his sentence for he yelled in pain when the metal surface of the pan harshly made contact with his skin.

"Don't you dare [Name] me after what you did!" [Name] barked in anger as the male before her fell to the ground.