Chapter 12

I ran out of the bathroom and I saw.....
____
MADDIE!
"Maddie!" She turned around. "Hey Vanessa! What's wrong? You look scared." Cameron came bursting out of the bathroom. "Oh, him. Hello Cameron." She was crossing her arms, and she looked like she was his mother and he came home 5 hours after curfew. "Maddie..... hey." "What are you doing here? Let me guess. Taking advantage of another girl?" "No way! I don't do that anymore!" I gave him a dirty look. "Then why are your pants open?" He turned around and closed his pants. "I was going to the bathroom!" "You never use school bathrooms for actually going to the bathroom." I finally spoke up. "Can I say something?" He snapped at me. "Shut up bitch." Maddie became furious. "Tell me why you are calling her a bitch? Did you try to do her too? Did she turn you down? Are you mad because someone actually said no to you? Not everyone wants you Cameron! Does that make you mad? DOES IT?" Cameron was really quite and he finally said, "No." "Then why the hell is she a bitch?!" He stayed quite. "I asked you a question." "I'm sorry Vanessa." I mumbled. "Apology accepted." "I'm telling mom. Maybe you will learn your fucking lesson. Girls are not sex toys." She hooked our arms. "Now if you will excuse us, we are leaving." When we finally got a good distance away from him, I finally yelled at her. "He is your brother!?" "Step brother. And I'm so sorry about him. He thinks he is Mr. Hot Jock and everyone wants him." "It's okay. It's not your fault, you had nothing to do with it." I finally couldn't hold in the tears any longer. I started crying. I turned away from Maddie so she wouldn't see me cry. I was trying not to sniffle or make any noises but of course I did. "Hey are you crying?" "No I'm fine." I wiped my eyes. "Allergies." I said while kind of laughing. "Don't pull that allergy shit on me. Why are you crying? Is it because of Cameron?" "No really I'm fine." "I know you aren't but I don't want to push your buttons. Let's go find that Hunter boy you were talking about." "Thanks. I know we barely met but I feel like we are gonna be good friends" "Who cares how long we have known each other? You are like my soul mate but like friends. If that makes sense." We laughed. I finally saw Hunter. "HUNTER BRYCE ROWLAND." He came running at me in slow motion like the movies. He is so weird. I decided to mess with him so when I got about a foot away I turned to the side and hugged Loren. He started fake crying. "AWE is the little baby sad?" I said mocking him. "Leave me alone. Where were you? I was looking for you everywhere." "Oh I had to use the bathroom so Maddie showed me where it is." "Yup. She was like a lost puppy in a forest." "Hey Maddie I have you in Biology." "Oh yeah. Can I talk to you about the homework?" "We don't have homework." "Yeah we do." She winked at him. Excuse me? He's mine. Why am I getting jealous. Stop Vanessa. You don't get jealous. "Ohhhhh yeah." She took him away from the group. What is so secret that she has to take him separate? Stop it Vanessa. Stop.
Maddie's POV
I should tell Hunter what happened. "Can I ask you something?" "Yeah sure." "Are you and Vanessa dating?" "I mean, I don't know. I really like her though." "You know Cameron? The super popular football player? The asshole." "Yeah. Why, are you dating him?" "NO! Haven't you ever seen us get in the same car after school? He's my step-brother. Sadly." "Oh. What about him?" "He tried to, well, you know, force Vane to have, the dirty with him." "What?!" "Where is he?" "I already took care of him." "I can't believe he is your step brother. I feel so bad for you."  "Yeah. Tell me about it." We started walking back over to everyone. Hunter just hugged Vane.