2 | new americana

we don't feel like outsiders at all

"It's Britney Bitch," I heard the ringtone I'd had since I was 15 play loudly

"Wait, hold on." I shushed Laurie as I picked up my phone. I'd been laughing and almost wheezing from oxygen deprivation at the dinner table. Laurie had dropped her carrot in her water glass and that threw me over the edge.

"Hello?" I said into my phone after clearing my throat.

"Lana?" Our manager Miguel asked.

"Hey, Miguel!" I pressed the speaker button. The anticipation coursed through my veins.

"I'm not saying you got the part," he warned. "But they want you to come back and do a chemistry test with the other cast members!"

I screamed. Laurie screamed.

"Jesus," Miguel groaned. He'd been putting up with us for so long he'd just tuned us out. "I text you the details later."

"Okay, bye." I replied with a huge smile.

"Congratulations!" Laurie cried and ran off to the kitchen. I took deep breaths to calm myself as I was shaking from anxiety.

Laurie came back with oreos and the half full jug of sweet tea from the fridge to celebrate. Laurie set the jug and box down and hopped into my lap.

"I'm gonna take a photo," she said and wrapped one of her arms around me, almost choking me.

"Laurie what the hell." I said while laughing. She held out her phone with her camera app open.

"I'm so proud of you," she said and looked at her phone. "Smile!" She told me and I did, beaming with happiness.
She snapped the photo and got up and and posted it to all her social media.

"Laurie I don't even know if I got the part." I said while Laurie was grabbing an Oreo and taking a bite.

Laurie glared at me. "How the hell can anyone turn you down. You got it. I know."

☼ ☼ ☼

{Adam P.O.V.}

}