9 | can't take my eyes off of you

Peter, a makeup artist ripped the wrapping off of a sucker and I was handed the pink lollipop

Peter, a makeup artist ripped the wrapping off of a sucker and I was handed the pink lollipop. "Suck this and act pretty." He smirked at me.

"I've heard that one before," I popped it into my mouth and my lips curled into a smile and he laughed. "Just like that, beautiful."

On top of my cracked ribs that made it hurt to breathe, I was having a sharp headache that made me come close to tears a couple times already today and it's still early.

Suddenly, I saw Adam walk into the room wearing his 'English teacher' wardrobe, basically a button up shirt and slacks with loafers. I looked back at Peter and he was rubbing a makeup brush in the powder of my skin tone and brought it up to my cheeks.

I watched him as he brushed my cheeks so I wouldn't stare at Adam as he talked to the director. "Hold that." He said after plucking the lollipop from my mouth. Of course I had to sneak glances over at him as Peter put more nude colored lipstick on my plump lips. I felt another sharp pain through my head and I winced.

"Alright, you're ready." He said while capping the lipstick. I put the lollipop back into my mouth and hopped off the desk.

☼ ☼ ☼

When I got home, I went straight to my room and sat on my bed

When I got home, I went straight to my room and sat on my bed. My head was throbbing beyond belief and I just wanted to close my eyes for eternity.

I put in headphones and shuffled my sad, slower music on a low volume and stared out the window at the gray cloudy sky and I lost track of time.

After awhile, I notice movement out of the corner of my eye and I quickly turn my head. Adam is standing in the doorway of my bedroom.

"Oh sorry," I say quickly and pull my headphones out and perk up.

Adam smiles at me. "It's okay, what are you up to?" He steps towards me and my bed.

"I have a bad headache and I was trying to fall asleep but I couldn't... sleep." I say irritably. "It hurts pretty bad though.