8 | monster

that boy is a monster

Adam's POV

I arrived on set a couple minutes late and was rushed into the chair to have some makeup and hair done, and I was a bit upset I didn't get to stop and find Lana to say hi to her like I always do.

After I was dressed and ready, I found the list of scenes we were shooting today and was shocked to see Lana wasn't in any of them.

"Hey Waters," I ask him and he cuts off the conversation with an intern turns around.

"Adam, hi." He greets with a smile. I see a half eaten bagel in his hand and he's chewing away.

"Where's Lana?"

"She's sick I think. You'll be solo today." Waters says.

"Oh," I say, feeling sad. Lana basically turned into my best friend and it was nice to have someone to talk to or complain to with me.

While waiting for the set to be perfected, I sat in the chair with my name on the back chewing on my nails anxiously. I kept reminding myself I'd be okay without her next to me or standing on the side watching me, or even the other way around. I liked watching her talk and the way she looks at me or or the way her eyes sparkle.

I pictured Lana laying in bed at home coughing or having tissues surrounding her. Then my mind wandered to what she could be wearing right now. What if it was a tank top and underwear or something? She's so beautiful, I can't help but wonder.

I thought of the time she flashed me and it made my cheeks flush again. Even though it lasted only a few seconds, it's been replaying in my mind non stop.

Instead of standing there like a deer in headlights, in my head I reach out and hold her in my hands, running them over her smooth skin. I imagine her rolling her head back as I kiss her neck and bite a little bit. My feelings for her were like a malignant disease. They were growing fast.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I realized Waters was snapping his fingers in front of my face repeating my name. "You okay man?" He asks. I nod quickly and stand on my feet.

"Yeah I'm good," I say quickly and head onto set.

☼ ☼ ☼

It was dark when I left the studio and got to my car. I sighed when I sat inside and turned it on, the radio coming to life. I thought about Lana again, I can't get my mind off her.

I ordered soup to go from Bread Co. and went straight to Lana's apartment, parking in the garage underneath. I'd memorized Lana's address from the info lists back at the studio so I knew which apartment to go to.