Chapter 4

"Jack!!" I screamed, hopping for a reply, but no such thing came. I saw the shadow of the crazed boy, and I took off again, my memory flashing forward again. The man chasing me, and the boy in the cellar with me. The people I have killed, I knew they had to die. Jack, she only wanted an adventure! "JAACK!! YOU CAN NOT DIE, YOUR ADVENTURE IS NOT OVER!!" I screamed with all my might.

I heard a small scream coming from one of the buildings behind my fallen path. I quickly turned, and searched each building. As I walked through the last door a hand grabbed my head, a cloth covering my mouth. I fell asleep, but fully conscious. My body was tied, my arms and legs restrained. 

I finally could open my eyes, but a cloth covered my face, I rustled and squirmed to see where I was at. Five to ten minutes went by with no success, but I stopped when I heard footsteps in front of me. A casual rugged breath blew in front of my face, moving the cloth over my face. I tried to speak, but a rag was tightened around my mouth from through the cloth. 

"Quiet, you wouldn't want to wake the dogs." I calmed my struggled, but my heart beat like butterflies on a rampage. "Good little girl, breath with a calm voice, and I will release you." I quit my struggles completely, and the rag and cloth were removed. No where in sight was Jack, or said dogs. 

"Where the hell is Jack!" I screamed at him. He slapped my face as soon as the words left my mouth, throwing my body to the ground. He then got up off his crouched knees and turned to walk away. He started to laugh an insane laughter, like I have heard it before. His pale skin littered with scars; blood soaked his hair, his face, his being.

"Who the hell are you!?" I spat at him, and he seemed to enjoy my harsh words, like words of passion were just whispered into his ear. 

"Speak again my darling, go ahead." He came close to my face, laying his body on the floor next to mine. My breath only hissed out my mouth, but he smiled at me, letting an insane laughter once again spill from his lips. "I am God, my dear little one." He got up and pat my head. I shook his grip off me, but he just laughed and got up and walked away.

He exited through a dark door stained in dried red blood; I scanned the room looking for anything to help myself out of this situation. I struggled against the restraints on my wrists and ankles. My skin rubbed until raw, but my hands and legs still bound. I need to find Jack, who knows what her sass will get herself into.

The rope scared right through my skin and muscle, down to bone. Suddenly a door to my right opened, the crazed man walked inside. He was carrying something inside a bucket. "You know what??" He said lazily as he seated down in front of me. I stared at him, his eyes were so crimson he made fresh blood look dull. "You're friend is so much fu-un.." He dragged out the word fun, like the taste of the word was the best in the world.

I lurched forward, he backed up a little. Then he realized I had rubbed the rope so much it and my left wrist broke. Terror filled his eyes, he stared at me as I slowly got up, kicking forward to snap the ropes containing my ankles. 

"You should never have touched her.." He got up as I finished my sentence. The little boy ran out one door, and I followed through another. Every room I walked through I could hear his breath become more and more rugged. I listened closely to the beautiful screams from his lungs. I listened for Jack, I watched the blood on the walls, guiding me to every destination the boy went.

He disappeared behind a corner, only to his me as hard as he could as soon as I turned the corner to follow him. I stood straight, not even fazed with his pathetic attempt to save himself. I grabbed his arms and twisted them to an unnatural backwards position. I smiled as his screams rang throughout the air, like a cool breeze on a Sunday morning. But, I was his Monday morning, and he was my Friday night to a school kid. He tried to fall to the ground, tears streaming down his face, but I couldn't sense any guilt for what he has done to this world. 

"PLEASE I'M SORRY!!" He screamed as I picked his body back up and slammed his against the opposing wall with a hard kick.

Walked over to him, picking up his head by his hair, "Now, where is Jack?" I whispered into his left ear. He whimpered at his hair being pulled, but a sly smirk crossed his lips and laughter spilled out. I dropped him down, and slammed my dominant foot into his face. I could feel his jaw dislocate under my boots heel. I continued pressure until his left eye started squeezing out and his scream was permanently etched into the atmosphere.

I let go as I heard a noise form down the hall. A small bang lightly hitting metal. I smashed the mans legs and continued down the hallway. Following the sound.. Leading down the corridor, water was dripping from leaking, over used pipes. The bang led to a door, made of a thick metal, to heavy to move alone.

"Jack!?" I yelled through the door, only a slight mumble came through from the other side. I couldn't understand what was said, nor could I tell if it was Jack. I looked back down the hall to see the boy I had just left was missing from his spot. I ignored all my senses that told me to watch out and look for the kid, as I need to find Jack.

I looked around, above and below the door. I found a narrow hole above the door, like a passage to another dimension. I jumped and caught my hands on the sharp edges, my hands let blood seep past, but not much as I don't have much in the first place. I brought myself up, and crawled through, leading to a small dimly lit room; I hopped down and looked around the room. young females and males littered the ground, their eyes looking at me with fear, yet they looked like they had given up. They did not move as I bent down to a girl by the door. she held a small rock, which she was using to bang the door, over and over, very softly.

I got back up and scanned the room, "Jack, have any of you seen a young girl who calls herself, Jack?!" I keep my eyes circling the room, watching every ones eyes as they glimmer with hope yet sadness as they shake their heads no. I slam my right fist at the metal door, scaring the kids away. the door ends up backing out of the way, flying against the opposing wall outside. They people look at me like they need permission to escape.

A little girl in a cellar holding a younger boy in her arms comes back into my mind making me back up. All my memories once again flush to the front of my mind. The children in front of me rush out and away from the room. A tear strolls down my left cheek, one girl stops and grabs my hand. I look up at her, she gently pulls me out, and leads me farther into the building. She leads me to a completely different part of the building than I found the children, and where I had been held.

She lets go while we approach a two large metal doors, like we were about to enter an operating room. "This is what he called the 'Fun Time' room." I looked at her in question. "If your friend is anywhere, she will be here, this is where he like to keep his favorite people." I look at the door, and lean forward to open it. 

"Thank you." I say as I continue forward and push the doors open with all my might. The door break off their rusty hinges, dropping on the floor and flying backwards against the walls they were once attached to.

In the middle of the room, a thin operating table was placed like a coffin waiting for a victim. I walked forward, scanning for any signs of Jack. "I UNDERSTAND NOW!"  I stated loudly as I continued walking around the room. An unsettling sound rang from above me, my head snapping upwards to see something hanging from the ceiling.