Chapter 8

I could hear someone walking in a soft tap down the hall, heading for my room. I swiftly got up in old anticipation, only calming myself just time to hear the knock on the door. I allowed the person in only to meet a strange women holding clean clothes out to me.

"Please change, you clothes seem in wonderful shape, but all must be cleaned, I've found a cute little dress and some nice little heels." She urged the clothes towards me. I backed away from the floral material.

"I'd rather not attract bees in my general vicinity." I put my hands up in defiance against the pastel. She frowned slightly but perched a slight smile upon her lips anyway.

"Well, I am Amy, Alex's wife. Nice to meet you, I heard about you from Ben and Jeff when I arrived home last night. Come on down for breakfast, Alex is quite the chef of the household!" She walked out and glanced back in hope I was following.

"You know, your acting more shy than anyone else. Chin up, deep breath, and go with it." Amy stared at me for a minute, "Jack - 'Abigail' told me that. Listen to the deceased, they are the wisest of us all." I leaned down to her ear level as I towered a foot over her before walking out in front. I stopped and glanced back in hope she would get back in front as I had no idea where the kitchen actually was located. She got in front and led me away.

"Yo! Tis be the girl with no name!" Ben squealed when he saw me.

"The true mystery to life, the unknown girl in a newly healing world." Jeff added in as he swung an arm around my shoulder.

"Would you two relax." Alex turned around in a full blown pink apron, both Ben and Jeff yell never in unison before sitting down as a steaming spatula flew past their heads. Andrew took hold of my hand and sat me between himself and Jeff.

Food was passed around as Jeff asked Ben about his date with Amanda. "It was awful! First of she was not attractive, second she was incredibly boring, and freaking annoying as hell!"

"I doubt that, no one is as annoying as hell itself." I spoke and brought everyone to a deadbeat stare.

Jeff broke the silence, "Did you ask about a sister?"

"Didn't have to, she BROUGHT HER ALONG!" Everyone went back to normal, and I learned that I should hold my tongue. Everyone busted out with laughter at Bens story about his previous night experience.

"Is she hot?" Jeff questioned but Bens stare of concern cut the question short.

"Well, today is a fresh start!" Amy and Alex became the typical suburban white folks one would see on TV commercials.  

"Oh! Momma, can I go play at Johns house? He invited me over yesterday." Andrew interrupted with a light hearted warmth. Amy and Alex exchanged glances towards each other. "I wanted to go at noon, his dad said he would be able to bring me home afterwards." Andrews parents agreed and he let out a loud "YAY!"

I laughed a short snort and everyone looked at me with questions, "Jack used to say that all the time with the utmost confidence." They let out small giggles of memories about Jack as well, but they only remembered her as Abigail. . .

"We still need a name for you though!" Ben interrupted the fond memories of the long forgotten past.

"Sure. . ." I scoffed.

"There's that attitude from yesterday." Jeff popped in as he leaned on his hand over the table with fondness.

"There will be no attitude in this house!" That was the moment Amy tried to be a real mom.

"That would be boring. . ." I retorted. 

"Calmer though." Jeff and Ben laughed at their own joke. Something I would expect from their goofy attitudes.

"Come back to reality guys!" Amy was goin strong. I wanted to break it.

"But - but I am a female? Or at least I thought I was." This broke Jeff and Ben into balls of laughter.

"Well, no attitude!" She tried again.

"Boring." Me Jeff and Ben retorted in sync, laughing all the while she stiffened in the background.

"Alex, back me up!"

"Okay okay guys stop. Ben. Jeff. You two are in your twenties. . . be a role model."

"Shes the role model!" The two pointed at me.

"Oh! Amelia!" Amy broke through everything and screamed. We looked at her questioningly. "Your name should be Amelia!" Ben and Jeff agreed it would suit me, they looked at me for confirmation.

"Anything goes, I really don't care." Andrew screamed behind me.

"No! It doesn't go!" Andrews parents almost immediately went after him for screaming. I stuck my hand out and looked at him.

"Well what do you think kid?"

"Grave Digger suits you much better, I found you in a graveyard, and it definitely suits you better than. . . Amelia. . ." He acted disgusted as he spoke the word.

"You know what kid, I think it is better, what do you think Grave Digger?" Jeff asked.

"I like it. Got some good memories behind it." Everyone looked surprised at my likeness to the name.

"Then it's decided, Grave Digger it is." Alex announced around the dining room.

"But its not a name!" Amy detested.

"Chin down!" She looked at me confused. "You have some horrible memory dear."

"Do not!" Alex stepped in front of his wife to calm her down.

"Grave Digger you hang out with us today! You me and Jeff are going to be best friends!" Jeff agreed to Bens statement.

"should I be happy about that?" I questioned. the boys screamed yes in unison, they did way to many things in unison.

"Either way you have no choice in hanging out with us!" Jeff shouted as I covered my ears.

As ten came around on the clock Amy began packing Andrew into the car to go over to Johns.

"Bye GD see you later!" I looked at him questioningly, "Its the shortened version of Grave Digger, easier this way!" The car pulled out and they left.

"Okay so as we planed 'GD' to hang with us today I was set up for another blind date by Nick. One for you too Jeff!"

"But we were supposed to hang out with GD today!" Jeff complained.

"GD, how old are you?" My silence answered his question. "Okay, well you can pass for around 20 so we will call you 21." Alex decided my age easily.

"Idea! Idea! I have gained an Idea!" Jeff announced as we headed inside. Ben immediately was in.