Chapter 1

When I walked in, about half of the kids in the room stared, the other half seemed to still be stuck in their conversations. I was about to walk towards who I assumed was the teacher when a kid in the back of the room cleared his throat, he wore a plain black shirt, black skinny jeans, red converse and two jackets, the bottom one being a regular red hoodie and the top one was a black leather jacket, he might as well have had a sign that said 'Bad News'.

"Mrs. Daniels? We have a visitor." Once he spoke the entire room looked at me, trying to decipher who I was. Either he was highly recognized in this school, or people just love to observe new kids.

The teacher, Mrs. Daniels, stood up from her desk and walked over to me, face palming. "Oh! How could I forget? Class, this is our new student Jonathan. Say hi." the entire classroom greeted me with a range from 'hey' to 'hi' to 'Sup', it was almost overwhelming, that never happened at my old school. Mrs. Daniels, the teacher, signaled for the class to be silent.

"Jonathan, why don't you go sit by Lui and Marcel? Boys, raise your hands."

I looked around the room until a spotted a couple of kids near the front who were raising their hands. I walked over and sat down next the shorter one, who greeted me immediately.

"Hi! I'm Lui! Nice to meet you!" The boy spoke cheerfully, he seemed nice.

"I'm Marcel, how's it going?" The boy next to Lui greeted, his greeting was much calmer than his friend's.

"Good, it's nice to meet you." I said shyly, talking to new people was never really my thing.

"Same to you. And just so you know, the two kids in the back of the class staring at you are Tyler Wilde, he's wearing the gray hoodie, and Evan Fong, the one in the leather jacket. If I were you, I'd stay away from them, especially Evan." Marcel said, glancing at the kids he was talking about. Apparently 'Evan' had been the one who had cleared his throat earlier to get the teacher's attention.

"Why? What's so bad about him?"

"Stay away from him, he'll trick you, lie to you, and use you until you have nothing he wants. He is bad news." Lui said, he sounded serious.

I just wish I had listened to his advice.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Evan, did you hear the good news?" Craig asked as him, Evan, Tyler, David, Brock, and Brian walked to school. Evan stopped walking and turned towards Craig, his eyes lit up with muted excitement and curiosity.

"What good news? Did the principal get fired?" Evan asked, trying to think of any news he had picked up from several conversations at school the previous day. He couldn't think of anything, what was Craig talking about?

Craig shook his head. "Nope! We're getting a new student!" He exclaimed excitedly.

Evan got a little less excited, what was so special about a new student? "Oh." Was all he said, turning around to continue walking, leaving the guys in confusion, what was so wrong with a new student?

"Ev? You ok?" Tyler asked, jogging to keep pace with his best friend. Evan shrugged.

"Of course, I just don't see why a new student is so exciting." He replied as he continued to walk to school, meanwhile his friends were in shock, Evan always got excited about new students....