Chapter 25

Our lips connect suddenly, hands pushing me against the locker and I had absolutely no time to react to the kiss. Hands are suddenly in my hair, soothing me as one of the departs in order to guide one of my hands to their waist, where it stays as the kiss deepens. The locker feels cool against my back as I'm pushed further against it.

The only reason I remembered I was at school was because of the locker, but for some reason the location of where I was in the school left me as soon as the lips hit mine. I was so focused on the kiss, I couldn't even remember when Evan had come over to kiss me, or what had made him so fearless.

I hear gasps, rushed footsteps and suddenly we pull apart. I open my eyes and my stomach drops.

It's not Evan.

--------

Evan should be upset, he should be, but he's not, he's frozen. His eyes, corners of them filling with tears, are wide as he's pushed to the front of the crowd by his friends, who gasp and try to pull him away, but Evan doesn't move. He remains there, his lips quivering as he tries not to cry.

"Evan, let's go." But for some reason Evan doesn't want to, watching the scene in front of him unfold.

Watching the way Jonathan kissed someone who wasn't him.

He begins to hurt, a physical hurt, he can feel it in his chest and he doesn't know what it is, but he wants it to stop. He opens his mouth, only to close it once he find that he has no voice to use. Tyler continues to pull at his arm, his friends try to block his field of vision but it's too late.

Then, the two pull away, and Evan is brought out of his trance as he lets Tyler lead him away, in the direction of the front entrance. Realizing this, Evan stops again. "I want to go to class." He says quietly, and Tyler can't find the will to say no to him, so they go.

It's an hour before the bell rings, and Tyler finds himself hugging Evan in the middle of an empty class, his friend's face pressed against his chest as his shoulders shake. Evan doesn't know where the rest of his friends are, but it doesn't matter, what does matter is that Tyler is there for him, rubbing circles into his back as he fights the urge to cry.

--

Brock slaps Lui as hard as he can. "Fuck you." He snarls as Jonathan slinks over, wiping at his mouth and not noticing the angry group. Brock turns to him, walking towards him fast only to be held back by Marcel.

"Don't hurt him, Brock, please." Brock elbows Marcel away, continuing to walk towards a wide-eyed Jonathan.

"I-I-" Jonathan gets a punch to the face, then another one, and another one, and another one until Brock feels he has had enough or until he's on the ground bleeding. Marcel and David pull him off. Off to the side, Craig sips at a can of Monster, having gotten it from the vending machine in the teacher's office.

"Hey." Lui barks. "Leave him alone, its Evan's fault really, because he's manipulative." Lui glances at David, who glances away as their eyes are about to meet.

David plans to stay silent, until the two groups begin to yell at one another, the crowd from earlier now focusing on them with new found interest. Punches are thrown, cross words are exchanged, everyone just becomes so angry at one another. He snaps.

"Stop!" He shouts, staring directly at Lui. "Lui, what happened is my fault, okay? I was drunk and being stupid and I don't know what happened but it happened, alright? Stop hurting Evan over something I did!" He said, everyone now staring at him. "I'm sorry."

To the side of them, Craig laughed, a small chuckle that brought all the attention to him as he takes another sip of his energy drink.

"No offense, but did you really think that Lui knew they were dating?"

----

"Evan, it's gonna be okay." Tyler says as the rest of his friends pile into the classroom, turning off the lights and closing the door. "Hey, why don't we just go back home?" Evan finally lets out a small sob, Tyler hugs him tighter and everyone else joins the hug. "It's okay, you're okay."

The classroom door opens, all the boy's whip their heads around and glare at the trio that stood in the doorway. Evan stayed in his position of hugging Tyler.

"Go away." Tyler snarled, still hugging Evan as tightly as before. Evan freezes, realizing who stood just beyond his human shield of friends.

"I-I....I just want to talk to Evan, please." Tyler squeezes the boy in his arms tighter.

"Fuck off, he doesn't want to talk to you." Brock growled, tensing up as if he wanted to punch him again. "Now leave."

"I didn't know, Ev-" Lui is cut off.

"Can you three just fuck off? I get it, okay? Fuck me, I'm a piece of shit who deserves to die, I get it, now leave. Just leave." Evan says dismissively, his voice broken and being very clear about wanting to be left alone.

Footsteps are heard as the trio departs, Evan pulls away from Tyler. "I wanna go home."

"Then lets take you home."