Chapter 28

I didn't expect to cry after that phone call, didn't expect everyone to rush to pull me into a hug while I did so. I certainly didn't expect talking to Lui to hurt as much as it did. To know that this is what he wanted. He wanted to actually break me, then swoop in and act like he had been my best friend all along. And I would believe him, because he would pin it all on Craig.

I miss Jonathan, even if none of it was real, it was fun, and I actually felt happy when I was with him. I didn't think someone was constantly out to get me. I just miss him.

I love him.

I cry harder as I think about Jonathan, because I love him, even though I shouldn't. I have no reason to love him, he fucking played me, but I can't help it. I'm so in love with him.

"I fucking hate him." I cried out, the guys probably thinking I was referring to Lui, but I was actually thinking about Jonathan.

I hated him, because I loved him. Him and his stupid smile and his amazing kisses. The way he comforted me when I was sad, the way I fell into his trap. The trap Lui and Craig set up for me. That's what I get for trying to step outside of my bubble. I had the guys, that's all I would ever have, I should know that. I could never have Jonathan, he was never really mine.

The day was completely ruined for me.

-----------

"What the fuck did I do?" Lui asked himself, pulling at his hair, sat next to Craig and Marcel.

"You know what you did," Craig said, playing on his phone, "you ruined his life. He really liked Jonathan, and we fucked it up."

"Um, we?" Lui is confused.

Craig smirked. "You told me to destroy him, so I did."

------

Jonathan was so fucked. He didn't know what to do after Tyler and his friends had disappeared so suddenly, probably off to hang out with Evan. Comfort him.

Jonathan remembered when he had to comfort Evan, after Tyler had outed him in a way he couldn't control. He hadn't meant to, Jonathan knew, but he still had upset Evan.

He missed Evan. Missed how he was always so gentle with his kisses. The way he had first kissed him on the school's rooftop, how he had been so nice to him, how he had ditched Tyler, his best friend, just for him.

All Jonathan did was break his heart.

Unintentionally, but he had still broken his heart, the boy hadn't been to school for a week, all because of him. He was so fucked, he'd never get Evan to forgive him, not after that.

Why did his first period teacher make him sit next to Lui and Marcel? Why couldn't he have sat nearer to Evan? Or next to someone who didn't hold a vendetta against a boy who had done nothing wrong? It wasn't fair, it just wasn't fair.

How could he make it up to him?