Chapter 23

"Ditch with you, really? Evan come on, don't run from your problems like that." I shake my head as I climb out of bed, walking to my closet to pick out an outfit.

"Come on! Running is my specialty! I haven't talked to Lui in like three years!" Evan whines as he sits up in my bed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, which were still red from crying.

"Evan." I began. "These are your friends we're talking about, you can't just ditch them like this. I'm sure they're really sorry, they did call you a lot yesterday." I lock eyes with my boyfriend as I finish speaking. "Get up."

"I don't want to." Evan states. "Getting up means leaving, leaving means seeing them, and seeing them means a chance of everything falling apart again. I literally was just beginning to move on from the Lui thing, I can't risk something like that again, Jon. If I avoid them, I can still think they're my friends."

"Evan. No. They are your friends and you are going to work things out with them today. Now get up and leave before Marcel and Lui come over so we can walk together to school."

"Maybe I'll just change my name and move to Fresno then." Evan grumbles as he gets out of bed, fixing his hair blindly as he grabs his phone off the nightstand. Before he walks out the door, he turns back to me. "Come look for me after graduation."

I walk over to him with a laugh, he pulled me into a kiss as I drew near. "Evan, you'll be fine. Now, go, I'll see you later."

---------

"Evan!" Evan's head shoots up as he hears his name being called. He looks around to find the guys running towards him. In an instant, he is captured in a group hug as he feels his body get squeezed tightly.

"Hi." He managed to choke out, coughing a couple of times.

"Evan I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be so harsh. I don't care if you're gay, please forgive me." As the rest of the boys let go, Tyler stayed attached to Evan, hugging him tightly. "I'm so sorry."

"I-it's fine." Evan stutters nervously, scared that someone was going to lash out at him.

"See, Tyler? You scared him." David grinned, trying to lighten the mood as Tyler pulls away from his friend, glaring at David.

"You can shut the fuck up." He growls before looking back at Evan. "I'm really sorry, Ev, glad you're okay though. I don't care if you have a crush on Jonathan-"

"Actually," Evan interrupts, once again fixing his hair even though he had no idea if it looked good. "Jonathan is my boyfriend." He admits, now scratching the back of his neck nervously.

He looks up to find that his friends all have smiles plastered onto their faces, and before he knows it he is tackled into yet another group hug. This time, he could barely breathe, feeling his ribs press further into himself and caused him pain.

"I'm so happy for you, Evan!" Brock said as Evan began to feel light headed from the lack of oxygen.

"C-can't b-breathe." He choked out, being let go of almost immediately. Evan gasps for breath instantly, stumbling a couple of steps.

"Sorry." Several of his friends apologized.

"Can I go change now? I don't want to go to school in this outfit, again."

In his pocket, Evan's phone buzzed.

Craig: whats happening? Nothing yet on my side, but wbu

Evan: nope, nothing at all

Evan lied through text, putting his phone away once he sent the message. Him and Craig may have a deal going on, but Evan knew it was best not to trust him with his relationship status.

He was walking on a thin line, and it was about time he went back to his side.

---

Craig: woke up late, don't wait for me I'll meet u guys at school

Lui: sounds good dude

"Craig is meeting us at school." Lui informs Marcel and Jonathan, who has been suspiciously quiet on their walk. "Hey Jon, what's up? You're being pretty quiet today."

His head shoots up at the mention of his name, alarm appearing on his face for a split second before he relaxes. "Nothing, I'm just tired." He shrugs before his eyes fall back to the ground.

Lui looks at Marcel, who had looked up from his phone, shrugging. "Who're you texting over there?" Lui asks him, noticing the rapid typing his friend is doing on his phone.

"Brock." Marcel replies with no emotion, eyes glued to the small, glowing screen in front of him, fingers still moving rapidly across the screen.

"Excuse me?" Lui is taken aback by the openness of his statement. "Why the hell are you texting Brock? We had a pact, Marcel!" He roars as the group slowly comes to a halt.

Marcel rolls his eyes, letting out a sigh of annoyance as he puts away his phone. "Our agreement was against Evan, not Brock. Anyways, it's your fucking vendetta, not mine." He growls, beginning to walk forward once more.

"You know what he fucking did to me, Marcel. We had an agreement." Lui follows him closely, while Jonathan stays back, fearful of what was going to happen next.

"You don't even know his side of the story, Lui! How do you even know he meant to what he did?" Marcel countered.

"I know." Lui's voice was threatening as he drew closer to the other boy. Jonathan braces himself for when he had to stop the other two from fighting.

"Hey guys! What's going on?" Craig cheerfully appears from the opposite side of the road to them.

Lui rolls his eyes. "Nothing." He grumbles.

Jonathan hears his phone ding, alerting him of a new text message.

Craig: I know your secret.