Chapter 21

Thanks for the amazing support everyone! <3 Love you guys!

---

Evan's eyes sparkled in the fading sunlight as he ate his food. We were sat in a corner booth at a small diner, sitting across from each other. From the outside, we were two friends hanging out.

I mean, of course we were just friends. We just fooled around, none of that was real. Right? This, it's not gonna work out. We're just both stressed and we happened to be there, together.

A few make-outs doesn't make us anything more than friends.

Yeah, Evan is an amazing kisser, and his smile brightens up my day, and when he looks at me with those eyes I just want to lose myself in them, let myself drown in them like an ocean.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Evan smirked as he caught me staring. I rolled my eyes before I followed his advice and pulled out my phone.

"Smile." I spoke as I took the picture.

------------

"Dude, we have got to get you a girlfriend." David wrapped an arm around Evan's shoulders with a smile. "Maybe then you'll learn to actually be on time."

"That advice is kind of pointless when it's you who's telling me it." Evan shot back with a laugh, inwardly cringing at the mention of the word 'girlfriend'.

"Yeah David, when's the last time you so much as looked at a girl?" Tyler pounced at the opportunity to humiliate David, smirking as he watched his friend squirm after the question had left his lips.

"Why's it got to be a girl?" Evan surprised even himself with what he said.

"Oh shit, you're right. Hey Dave, you gay?" Tyler spoke in a joking tone.

"Yeah, actually..." Even though he hadn't been the one to say it, Evan felt fear for his friend claw up his throat. Luckily, everyone else quieted down so he didn't stand out as much.

"Oh, well, this is awkward, um-" Tyler stuttered, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"Dude. I'm kidding." David laughed, smiling at how flustered Tyler had become. Evan let out a shaky breath, beginning to laugh as everyone else did too.

"He got you so good, Tyler!" Brock laughed, recreating Tyler's face exaggeratedly. Tyler shoved him.

"I did not look like that!" He defended.

"Yeah you did." Evan spoke up so he wouldn't draw suspicion. "Maybe you're the one who has to tell us something...."

"Maybe it's you!" Tyler snapped defensively, jamming a finger at Evan. "Maybe you're the gay one here!"

"Dude, it was joke, lighten up." Brock tried to calm him down, seeing that he had scared Evan with his sudden outburst.

"No, no, it all makes sense now...Evan getting detention, sneaking off to the roof with Jonathan, hiding his real feelings, are you sure you're not gay, Ev?" Tyler looked at Evan with anger while Brock once again tried to stop him.

"Dude, calm the hell down, you're overreacting." Brock placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It was just a joke, Ty...." Evan said, hiding his nerves and trying to change the subject.

"Then why you so nervous, Ev?" Tyler was inches away from his face.

"Okay, seriously, guys, stop it. Tyler, you took it too far, both of you need to apologize." David spoke up.

"Sorry, Ty." Evan whispered, still scared of what Tyler would do or say.

His friend opened his mouth to say something right as Evan's phone buzzed inside his jacket. Evan took it out, checking who had messaged him before putting it away-or rather he was about to put it away when Tyler snatched it out of his hand.

"Hey! Give it back!" Evan lunged for the phone, but Tyler moved back quickly so he face planted into the ground.

Despite the pain, Evan quickly got to his feet and lunged for the phone again.

"Who was it?" Tyler asked, keeping the phone just out of reach from Evan.

"No one, just give it!" Evan desperately reached for the device.

"Liar." Tyler said, taking a look at the screen, Evan immediately stopped as Tyler read the message and who it was from. "That's what I thought." Tyler said, shoving the phone into Evan's chest, pushing him slightly.

"I-I got to go." Evan said quickly, turning and taking off in the opposite direction as quickly as possible.

"Tyler, that was kind of a dick move." Brock mumbled as Evan disappeared from sight.

---

Evan: can I come over?

Jonathan: yeah sure, lemme get you that address

Evan: thanks <3

Jonathan: <3