Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN –

Everyone was staring at the Scarab that had finally arrived onto the battlefield and under it was even more Covenant forces coming in to join the battle. They looked at one another and counted all that they had left to fight with, knowing that it was going to only be a small handful: Three Spartan lasers, seven snipers, two warthogs, both with a driver and gunner, four ODST specialists, including Leprechaun, twenty Marines including McGrath and as of now three Spartans.

New Alexandria was nothing more than smoldering wasteland and was beginning to get a sandstorm from the planet coming more and more lifeless, slowly dying and its surface temperature steadily rising.

Grim, while he had the chance to, reloaded his SAW and looked over at Wade and Neena and said, "Looks like your objective just turned to 'Plan B', wouldn't you agree?" He aimed down his SAW's iron sights and started firing at the Covenant forces, keeping them back, but he knew that none of this would mean anything as long as that Scarab was in the area. He quickly turned to Wade and his sister, "I need you two to help me with taking down that Scarab."

"You want us to try and take down one of the Covenant's toughest fucking pieces of tech with only three Spartan lasers and two warthogs, while also having to deal with the foot soldiers that are going to be protecting it from our attacks to the best of their abilities...did I miss anything?"

"Don't forget having to also having to get the rest of the soldiers out of here before the planet gets glassed."

Wade nods to his sister, "thank you," Turning back to Grim, "Now am I missing anything?"

"No, that sounds about right."

Wade was silent for a second before finally laughing, "Well I don't know about you Neena, but I'm in. What about you?"

"I don't think I have a choice in the matter. What I will do is get the other soldiers out of here while you two have fun murdulating the hell out of everything."

"And if you fuckers think you're going to be the only one's killing these fuckers, then you are sorely mistaken." Leprechaun stepped out of the crowd and propped his shotgun on his shoulder and was leaning against his battle-ax.

McGrath also stepped from the crowd, "I'm staying behind as well. And not wishing to pull rank, but unless you have something bigger to live for and if you have a family you wish to see again, then you are free to go with the Spartan and find a way off this rock before it goes, but if you wish to stay, then I will do everything within my abilities to not lose another one of you." He turned to the remaining UNSC troops that were under his Command, "Now, who's with us?"

All of the soldiers took a step forward and shouldered their weapons. They all had the look of determination within their eyes and it was honestly refreshing to see.

McGrath looked to the two new Spartans, "Forgive me for saying this, but your mission had just hit a snag in its planning."

"I never really cared for the plan anyways if you ask me." Said Wade as he tossed his two Needlers aside and pulled out both of his SMG's from off his thighs and loaded them. He looked over at his sister and Neena, "So then, how are we going to do this?"

"How much is left in those Spartan Lasers?"

"Probably two or three shots...each."