The Hardest Part Of This - Part 1

Hey guys! This is my new fan-fiction. It was requested by 'Emma' on ao3. This fan-fiction deals with some really dark and upsetting themes, so if you are triggered or upset really easily then I suggest you don't read this. This first chapter is just an intro, so it's a bit short but the other chapters will be longer. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia is the most common type of leukemia in children, but it can also effect adults. In this type of leukemia, immature lymphoid cells grow rapidly in the blood. It affects over 6,000 people per year in the U.S.

Seth was one of those people.

He had been diagnosed with this viscous disease exactly two weeks and three days ago. Today was a Tuesday. 

Having just gotten back to his hotel room after a long night of taping SmackDown, Seth was more than tired. He was exhausted. Fatigued. It was a feeling he had gotten used to over the past few months. He may have been diagnosed only two weeks ago, but he had been suffering for months without knowing.

The problem started with an ongoing fever and regular night sweats, which Seth thought nothing of at the time. It was the start of October when the symptoms began, so Seth just thought that he had caught a bad cold.

The symptoms however, continued. He guessed that the pain and aches in his bones and joints were from all the wrestling he did. It was something that he had struggled with before he'd had cancer, so once again he thought nothing of it. The pain intensified after a while, eventually spreading to his stomach, which was always in some sort of discomfort.

Seth was covered head to toe in bruises. The slightest bump caused him to bruise dramatically. His back was mostly purple and yellow now from all the falls he had taken in the ring. He had lost his appetite as well, causing him to lose a lot of weight.

The list of symptoms went on and on, but Seth tried his best to ignore them. He would think about that when he was getting his treatment, but right now he was hospital free and he had to focus on his job.

Hunter was the only person in the company who knew about Seth's condition and Seth was hoping to keep it that way. Nobody else needed to know about this. It was his own personal secret. It was him against the world. He didn't need anyone's pity.

The disease had quite obviously affected his work in the ring. He was slower, weaker and became breathless a lot quicker than usual. This didn't go unnoticed. Many of his opponents had picked up on it and asked him if he was okay. Seth simply smiled, said he was fine and walked away.

He really was alone in this situation. Sure, Hunter had told him to call if he had any problems, but Seth didn't see him as someone he wanted around. He wasn't the caring type. Seth had lost his brothers six months ago and there was no way that they were coming back, not after what he had done to them. 

He had no friends. He tried his best to ignore everyone that he worked with. He didn't want to form attachments, especially now with that fact that he could die within a year.

Seth got into bed, too tired to remove his clothes or have a shower on this cold December night. He would do that in the morning. If he was still alive. That was the thought that came to his head every night before he fell asleep.

What if this night is my last?