Restless heart syndrome - Part 2

Seth woke up the next day and got ready for his first session of treatment. He had googled how it worked, when he first heard the bad news and was surprised to see that there were many different ways of receiving chemotherapy. Seth's doctor however, narrowed down the treatment to one thing. A drip (Intravenous infusion) into the bloodstream through a vein.

It sounded terrible and Seth did not want to go through with it at all, but Hunter told him he had to get the treatment otherwise he would be fired. Seth knew he would die eventually, so it didn't matter if he lost his job or not but he really wanted to spend what could quite easily be his last few months of life, doing what he loved doing.

Seth exited the hotel room and caught a cab to the hospital. The room that he would be staying in was filled with other sick people, and looked rather intimidating. The doctor told him to take a seat and asked him if he had anyone to drive him home later. He lied and said yes. He didn't need anyone to escort him home. He was fine on his own.

As he took a good look around the room, Seth noticed an overwhelming, similar look on everyone's faces. They all looked like they had given up. That was something Seth had been experiencing lately and he knew it would only get worse. One man in particular looked as if he had already died. 

A shiver ran down Seth's spine as he went into deep thoughts about death. What would it feel like to die? What happens after you die? His thoughts were interupted by the dreadful words coming from the doctor's mouth.

"Mr Rollins, are you ready to begin your treatment?" The doctor asked, with a needle in his hand.

"Y-yes." Seth replied, looking down at the floor.

"Now once we begin, it's best that we don't stop so if there's anything you need to do, I suggest you do it now. The treatment can take up to two hours."

"No, I'm good thanks. Let's just get it over with." Seth said, with no emotion in his voice. He just wanted to go back to the hotel and sleep forever. The smell of the hospital was making him feel a little nauseous.

"Alright then." The doctor smiled.

The doctor inserted the needled, which was attached to a drip, into Seth's arm and into his vein. For the first few minutes, Seth could feel the medication entering his body, but then his arm went slightly numb and he forgot about the weird feeling. He started to get dizzy after the first hour had passed, but didn't want to disturb the doctor who was helping out another patient.

It was clear to Seth that he had passed out, once he awoke from his slumber to see the doctor stood in front of him.

"Alright Mr Rollins, you managed to sleep through the last hour so hopefully that made it easier for you." The doctor smiled. "You're free to discharge yourself and head home. Make sure to take these tablets." The doctor handed him a few packs of medication. "Twice every day. They'll help to keep your white blood cell levels high."

"Okay, thank you." Seth took the medication and put it in his pocket.

"No problem, are you sure you've got someone to take you home?"

"Yes, they said they'd wait at the entrance." Seth smiled, convincingly.

"Well, you take care then. I'll see you next week."

"Yeah, see you." Seth said awkwardly, rushing out of the room.

Seth made it all the way to the entrance of the hospital and called for another cab. He was starting to feel a little sick. Nothing serious, just a stomachache and headache. Once he reached the hotel, he caught the lift up to his floor.

He was walking down the hallway to his room, when he started to feel really dizzy. His body had started to feel like jelly and every step he took felt clumsy. He was a few steps away from his room, when he fell against the wall and slip down to the floor. He was too tired to walk any further. His body wouldn't even allow him to take four more steps to reach his room.

Seth could sense that someone was watching him, but he was too exhausted to lift his head and look. His breathing was heavy and he was starting to sweat, but he tried his best to stay calm. He just needed to rest for a few minutes so he could get his energy back.

"Hey, um. Are you okay?" Someone asked, from a distance. The voice sounded familiar, but Seth's brain was too fuzzy to work out who it belonged to.

"Mmm." Seth moaned, unable to make any other form of communication in his current condition.

He heard footsteps coming towards him, so he guessed that the person was going to walk past him. Instead, the person stopped in front of him and crouched down.

"You don't look so good." The person said, placing his hand on Seth's arm. It was then that Seth worked up the strength to lift his head. He was shocked at who was sat in front of him. Dean. "Where's your room, I can help you get there if you want?"

Why was Dean being so nice to him? They were enemies. Dean hated his guts. His first thought when he was told he had cancer was 'Dean's gonna throw a party when he hears about this.'

"Seth? Can you hear me?" Dean said a little louder, with a hint of concern.

Seth nodded weakly, then moved his head to the direction of his room.

"Is your room the first one on my left?" Dean asked, not understanding why Seth wouldn't talk to him.

Seth nodded again, the dizziness was starting to clear up a bit. His body was also starting to feel less like jelly and more like a normal body.

"Alright, I'll take you to your room." Dean said, putting Seth's arm around his shoulders and pulling him to the door that Seth had gestured to. "Do you have the keys?"

"P-poc-" Seth was too weak to continue talking, but Dean understood what he was trying to say.

Dean searched Seth's hoodie pockets and found the keys easily. He opened the door and helped Seth lay on the bed.

"You gonna be alright now?" Dean asked, putting the keys on the bedside table. Seth nodded, as he enjoyed the comfort of the hotel bed. "Okay, see you later."

Dean left the room, closing the door on his way out. He was so confused as to what had just happened. Why was Seth so close to passing out? Why couldn't he speak or move? He thought about it for a long time, but eventually narrowed it down to Seth being sleep deprived. That guy never sleeps. Maybe the tiredness had finally caught up with him.

Dean still couldn't help but worry. Seth was acting really strange. Whether he was tired or not, why would Seth let Dean help him? Something wasn't adding up.

Seth would be at work tomorrow, so maybe Dean could talk to him about it then. They were set to have a match together so they had to talk at some point during the day.

Dean cleared his mind and tried to get some sleep. On the other side of the hotel, Seth was fast asleep, still in the position that Dean left him in.